• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

please hire hubie brown to coach this team

gsuteke

• Premium Member

I've been a Hawks fan since Richie Guerin was coaching and Hubie is the best we have had.

But Hubie has not the physicality to coach the game today, that was proven in Memphis. If we get to the finals, Woody would be a major reason and many would still ask him fired.

Good win Hawks.

Swat...

You actually think Hubie was better than Fratello or Lenny?

Hubie's teams didn't play much defense.

I have to disagree.

• Premium Member

Hubie coaching the Hawks.

Hubie: Alright, today, I want to teach you some of the finer points about how i coach... No one is bigger than the team. You're going to be on time, you're going play hard, you're going to know your job and you're going to know when to pass and shoot. If you can't do those four things you're not getting time here and we don't care who you are.

Joe: But Hubie, this is my contract year.

Hubie: Jackson, I don't care if this is your retirement year and you are 20 points away from breaking the universal record. No one is bigger than the team. You're going to be on time, you're going play hard, you're going to know your job and you're going to know when to pass and shoot. If you can't do those four things you're not getting time here and we don't care who you are.

Joe: I'm not Jackson. I'm Johnson.

Hubie: Yeah. OK. Jamal, You have the prettiest shot that I have ever seen. I want you always shooting.

Jamal: I can do that.

Hubie: Smith, I need you to rebound, block shots, and score the ball on the inside.

Smoove: That is what I do.

Hubie: Howard, I need you to make yourself 7'7" in the paint. This paint is your yard and I don't want anybody taking anything out of your yard!!

Horf: Yes Sir.

Joe: This old man doesn't even remember our names.

Hubie: Listen up Jackson. I have told you before, I'm running this ship and I need you to be quiet until I call you. Now Jackson, you think you are great... and you're really good, but you have to learn how to shot it or pass it. I don't want you holding the ball. That's not your job.

Joe: But I lead the team in assists.

Hubie: Do you know who Oscar Roberson is?

Joe: Yes, everybody knows who he is.

Hubie: Well, he doesn't know who you are. I coached Oscar and what's his name.... (minutes elapse) Oscar and Kareem... and I used to tell Oscar this. You are what the ball says you are. IF the ball says you are a passer, then you are that. If the ball says you are a scorer than you are that. I have talked to the ball and the ball said that he never told you that you were the passer!

Bibby: That's right, because the ball said that I was the passer!!!

Hubie: I knew your father!

Bibby: My father's still alive. What do you mean you knew him.

Hubie: Just listen. When your father played, he could control the offense better than most people. He was a very smart basketball guy. You have the same potential, but you have spent most of your career playing off guard.

Bibby: I was a better scorer.

Hubie: The ball said that you were a passer and I say that you are a second generation degenerate with all these tattoos and thugs that follow you from place to place. If I had been coaching you, you would have 5 rings by now. Instead, you're at the end of your career with no rings and you have played with some of the best big men ever.

Bibby: I have two good years left.

Hubie: Your body says that you are no longer a starter.

Teague: Yes..

Hubie: Hold on little man. You're not ready. You're fast but you're not basketball smart. I have to work with you.

Smith: Ah... Rook needs to be worked with. He's going to have to do the s***.

Teague: The s*** works.

Hubie: That's the kind of attitude that I like to see. I think we will be better than anybody could ever have imagined.

WOODY SHOWS UP...

Gearon, Dominique and ASG is holding Woody back...

Woody: Shut up, Old Man! I ain't goin' nowhere. Why don't you all these nice folks why you been duckin' me? Politics, man. This country want to keep me down. Keep everybody weak. They don't want me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like that old fool up there.

Hubie: You know, you got a big mouth, you know?

Woody: Well, why don't you come down here and close it, Brown? Come on. Come on.

Hubie: This guy's crazy. Don't listen to him.

Woody: The little man don't wanna come to me. Then I'll come to you people to lay out the truth. I took this team from Nothing... Nothing to #3 in the East! That means I'm the best! But this bum been coaching good teams, beating other bums. I'm telling you and everybody here, I'll out coach him anywhere, anytime, for nothing.

Hubie: You're a disgrace to this sport!

Woody: Shut up, Old Man! You don't know what I had to come from! Gearon, your family doin' real nice, ain't it, and you call yourself an owner? Prove it now. Give me that same chance. The way you been duckin' is a disgrace. If Brown ain't no coward, why don't he out coach me!!

MIKE FRATELLO and Lenny Wilkens SHOWS UP...

Fratello: Calm down Woody. We've all been in that same boat. We've built a team only to have somebody come in behind us and take all of our hard work and do what we were bound to do anywhere. Hell, Hubie did it to me in Memphis.

Woody: Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in talking to me. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Mike! Come on!

Lenny: Figures?

Woody: Hey, boy! Hey, boy! After I crucify him, you next!

Lenny: Just get out of my face, chump.

[Turns his back on Woody]

Woody: Don't turn your back on me!

[shoves Lenny and a melee breaks out]

Fratello: [after the scuffle is broken up] I thought you said be cool!

Lenny: That was cool!

Hubie: I'm going to retire to bed, this is too much foolishness for me to be associated with.

Woody: Getting out while you can? Don't give this sucker no team. Give him guts! I told you I wasn't going away. You got your shot, now give me mine.

Lenny: Why don't you get the hell out of here?

• Like 2

That was a great line on robertson not knowing who joe is.

To sum up the reasoning behind me initiating this thread-

I reserve the right to go on a drunken rant on my blackberry while watching frustration incarnate - which describes that game when we were down. So long as I don't insult another poster, say innapropriate things, nor post innapropriate pictures.

Hey man - sometimes you gotta vent. :-)

I'll leave the phone on the charger tonight :-)