• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What About John Salmons?

ahlthe3rd

That's a scary thought of having to rely on a broken-down Tracy McGrady but a very real one. And I seriously doubt that the Bucks would allow Salmons to walk without getting back a king's ransom in return. If JJ bolts, they have to find 20/5/5 somewhere because bringing Jamal to the starting lineup and adding a couple of scrubs to fill out the bench, in simple ebonic terms, ain't gon get it.

Count me among those who want nothing to do with bringing in McGrady, especially coming off microfracture surgery. You think JJ got burned by Salmons on Monday; what would McGrady look like out there against him, Curry, Wade, et al?

If that's the best they can do without needing to break up the roster and start over if JJ leaves, they'd better make the NBA Finals this year because it's the closest they'll be getting to it for a while....

Edited by Dejay

• Premium Member

That's a scary thought of having to rely on a broken-down Tracy McGrady but a very real one. And I seriously doubt that the Bucks would allow Salmons to walk without getting back a king's ransom in return. If JJ bolts, they have to find 20/5/5 somewhere because bringing Jamal to the starting lineup and adding a couple of scrubs to fill out the bench, in simple ebonic terms, ain't gon get it.

Count me among those who want nothing to do with bringing in McGrady, especially coming off microfracture surgery. You think JJ got burned by Salmons on Monday; what would McGrady look like out there against him, Curry, Wade, et al?

If that's the best they can do without needing to break up the roster and start over if JJ leaves, they'd better make the NBA Finals this year because it's the closest they'll be getting to it for a while....

Yeah, maybe. I'm still thinking that if we can sign him at the MLE for one year it is worth a shot. Worst case scenario he sucks and becomes our new 8th man... Either way, we aren't going to get a player at the MLE who is going to even come close to fill JJ's shoes. At least with McGrady you know if he is healthy he can be a great player... obviously doesn't seem likely that he will ever be healthy again, but I don't see any other feasible move with more potential upside than this... I mean who knows though, it's probable that one of the scrub teams like the Clippers who fail to catch any of the big fish this summer offers him a big contract and voids my suggestion.