• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why would anyone in their right mind think ....

Popeye

1. (This happens every game) We need to stop switching if it ain't working damn it.... How many more times does Horford and Smoove have to get exposed because they are trying to cover Ridnour's, Ginobili's, Robinsons, Salmons and other guards who are not as good, but have career nights aganist us??

WIll Woody ever f***ing get it?

2. That last timeout that Woody took to run the same play for JJ we been running for 5 straight years and on last 10 possessions of the game was classic Woody......... I just wonder what he told the team in that timeout.....

"Ummmm I took this timeout just to make them think we are actually gonna run a different play, but we ain't"....

Woody!

Oh yeah that was our last timeout so we had to go full court to make a 3 with 4 sec left, nice job Woodson.... I mean if he actually tried a different play and it didn't work i wouldn't be as mad, but he wasted a timeout for i don't know why.....

I hope Woodson does get a job somewhere else next season just so fans here can understand what they had. I'll no question right now say that if Woodson leaves that the team will win fewer games next season.

It's amazing that anyone believes he is a worthwhile coach. He doesn't even get the team to practice offense. He doesn't even practice his team correctly.

Cant blame Woody for everything . Sometimes they switch out of laziness . Ive seen times where the opposing team doesnt even set a pick worthy of anything and they still switch instead just going thru . Thats something that by this time of the year needs to be communicated amongst the players .

• Premium Member

Cant blame Woody for everything . Sometimes they switch out of laziness . Ive seen times where the opposing team doesnt even set a pick worthy of anything and they still switch instead just going thru . Thats something that by this time of the year needs to be communicated amongst the players .

That's what happens when you teach team defense that revolves around switching. I mean, switching is fine, as a change of pace like switching to a zone every now and then. But when it is your entire defense for 48 minutes it is freaking ridiculous. No coach in the history of the NBA has implemented that type of defense, and especially with a player like Bibby on the floor it is absolutely crazy to keep doing it over and over. It's been said before but switching breeds lazy defense because everyone feels like they aren't responsible for their man (" if I get a screen I don't have to fight over it"). People wonder why we don't rebound better, some of it is just inconsistent fundamentals the other is that our forwards are guarding guards and our guards are guarding forwards... so when shots go up we are all out of position for rebounds.

This team wins at least 10 more games with Eubie Brown as coach.

You can't just say that Woody is a good coach because the team improves it's record every year.

There is no proof that those 2 things even relate.

Woody is the easiest coach to coach against IMO. He is more predictable than a clock and dumber than a rock.

I really hope they dont resign him after this year. We will never realize this team's full potential with Mr. Potato Head

at the helm.

This team wins at least 10 more games with Eubie Brown as coach.

You can't be serious. There is no person who has ever been born that could get this roster to (at least) 62 wins. Do you understand how ridiculous it makes you sound? You think this would be a coinflip for the best team in basketball with Hubie Brown!?

Edited by spotatl

You can't be serious. There is no person who has ever been born that could get this roster to (at least) 62 wins. Do you understand how ridiculous it makes you sound? You think this would be a coinflip for the best team in basketball with Hubie Brown!?

I mean..... just think about HOW MANY games we handed away this year. That alone puts us close to 10 wins. Then think about how many games we got beat because of somthing simple like playing against the zone, or a super -quick point gaurd, or players being pulled when their hot, or left in when their not, etc. Then think about how many games we just came out flat in either the 1st quarter, or 2nd half. This team has been very inconsistent and has managed to be on track for 50 wins. But that doesnt excuse the fact that this team has still been very inconsistent for years. Imagine how much quicker we may have gotten to this point with a consistent team each year.

Our progress has been steady but it hasnt been because of a master head coach. Players who been together this long naturally shoud become a better team, that is if they have real talent. But even still, Woody hasnt developed a single player on this team in 6 years. When has he either helped player improve upon a weakness OR put them in a position to best serve their strengths (not hide their weaknesses, like Bibby). My point being, Woody is not a proactive coach at all. We never attack another team, or exploit their weaknesses on purpose. We play scared of dominant players, and never do anything to take them out there game. We tend to hope that a superstar will just happen to have an off game against us and if not we're in trouble. I could go on and on but...you catch my drift

RedDawg- clearly you are someone who has never seen a Hawks loss and didn't blame it on Woodson. Don't worry- you aren't alone. Lots of people here act like the hawks would be undefeated with a different coach. Look at the game threads- there literally has never been a loss this season that Woodson wasn't blamed for. If you think that coaching is the reason that this team isn't a 62 win team then you are going to be SADLY disappointed when this team has a new coach and you'll have to look for someone else to blame.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Agreed. 10 extra wins is totally unrealistic. My worries with Woody aren't about how the team has performed in the regular season - it about whether we get exploited due to flaws in our offensive and defensive systems in the post-season (particularly the lack of flexibility/diversity in both approaches).

The team has a top 4 offense in the league. They very well could finish #2 by the end of the season. I have plenty of problems with Woodson on defense but I'll bet serious money that a new coach won't get better results on offense.

Cmon spot. Woody is not an offensive coach. Even Woodster admitted that.

If Joe leaves of course we will be a worse team next year, but not because of Woody.

Woody sucks even worse in the playoffs.

Edited by GameTime

Put it this way- the Hawks have had a better offense this season than the Magic. I'd easily take the Magic's personnel on offense over what the Hawks have and Woodson deserved credit for that. If the hawks switch coaches I'll put money on them not having a top 4 offense.

The Hawks may be doing it ugly- but they are killing it on offense this season. Joe is having the best year of his career. Crawford is having the best year of his career. Josh is having the best year of his career. Horford is having the best year of his career- how can you not give Woodson credit for any of that? I think its obvious thatthe Hawks offense will be worse next season under a different coach.

Edited by spotatl

The fans have to factor in all of those games that we probably should've lost, but won . . . if they're going to play the "look how many games we've blown" game.

The same team that has blown leads to lesser teams, is the same team that have overcame decifits vs good teams and beat them. And even with some of those blown lead games, we've had some controversial or crazy things happen

- the away from the ball JJ foul the other night vs Milwaukee

- Jason Kidd running into Woody in the Dallas game

- the blown call in Toronto in which Marvin was ruled out of bounds, but wasn't

- the shot clock debacle in Cleveland

- Crawford's no foul call, then technical foul call on him at Golden St

I mean . . . if you're going to look at one thing, it's only fair to look at everything.