• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JJ vindictive? Didnt see the game what is going on

arhawkfan

My post? Well with the recent comments by Al over the bigs getting the ball more or the guards realizing what works....Joe decides all of a sudden to throttle back his possessions, throw the ball into the bigs (13 turnovers combined) at every chance to get their own shots and had attempted something of only 9 shots going into the 4th. It seemed even more evident in the 4th, where certain posters complain about ~Hero Mode~, he made a big three to bring us within 1 then didn't touch the ball or attempt a shot again (while the rest of the team were either getting stripped or missing shots) until the closing seconds where Jamal was dribbling around the court and passed to Joe who casually dropped a 3 with the game out of reach.

He was seemingly passive throughout the game as though he was trying to let Al see what it is to be the top option. The threes that he casually hit in the 4th seemed to just drive the point home.

I could have seen this coming.

I wish Al would have gone to the team first, instead of to the media. Don't say anything unless you're ready to see what could happen.

I think it's highly likely that he did (with no results)...remember the "team meetings"...sans coach. Woody has little if any authority over these multi millionaires....especially without a contract for next year.

There is always the possibility that Woody's "set in stone" substitution pattern isn't by his own doing.

I think it's highly likely that he did (with no results)...remember the "team meetings"...sans coach. Woody has little if any authority over these multi millionaires....especially without a contract for next year.

There is always the possibility that Woody's "set in stone" substitution pattern isn't by his own doing.

Perhaps you're right, I just feel as though this is something that shouldn't be said to the media at all. It is a team problem, nothing the media can do besides blow it out of proportion, or try to put some sort of spin on it.

i dont see how JJ was vindictive. he didn't do the 15 dribbles and throw up a contested shot routine last night. He played team ball. The problem was that the team kept throwing the ball away. i don't see how that makes JJ vindictive.

agreed. jj should keep passing and hopefully we will start making our shots or doing something with the ball when we get it! >cough< Horford!

agreed. jj should keep passing and hopefully we will start making our shots or doing something with the ball when we get it! >cough< Horford!

I'd rather JJ do his thing than hope for the front court to do something with the ball in their hands. They should concentrate on doing the things that helped Atlanta get where they are now. Right now is not the time to be experimenting.

LOL . . no he shouldn't keep passing.

JJ is our #1 option. These other guys cannot be counted on a nightly basis to give us point production. All of those turnovers we committed ( 10 by Horford and Smoove alone ) is almost proof positive as to why Woody runs almost everything through JJ.

He needs to pass when he feels people are in good position to make shots. But he should NEVER defer to ANYONE on this team.

LOL . . . JJ plays exactly how the fans want him to play, without all the ISOs and "selfish" shots, and people still aren't satisfied.

I bet Horford won't say anything else the rest of the year. It's not easy to be the main option, or to create your own offense down the stretch of games. Horford has a long way to go with his post game, in order to be counted on like that.