• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here we go again with Jchill

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Arguments aside, Childress & Oly qualified for the Euroleague Final Four today. Semis are May 7th and the final game is on the 9th. (The Euroleague playoffs are bizarre to me. They have a best of 5 in the top16, but single elimination in the Final Four).

If he can help bring them a Euroleague title, I do believe he'll be more likely to return to the NBA.

Edited by mrhonline

• Moderators

Arguments aside, Childress & Oly qualified for the Euroleague Final Four today. Semis are May 7th and the final game is on the 9th. (The Euroleague playoffs are bizarre to me. They have a best of 5 in the top16, but single elimination in the Final Four).

If he can help bring them a Euroleague title, I do believe he'll be more likely to return to the NBA.

I don't think actually winning the title will have anything to do with his decision to return to the NBA. He won't be like some college players who return because they really want another shot at a title that eluded them the prior season. I think that is right, though, if it translates into NBA teams being willing to put more money on the table for him. If the offers are the same either way, I don't think the Euro title will have anything to do with it.

• Premium Member

You can hold your laughter or laugh. Marvin sucks. Now, we no longer have the "p" word to save him. He's just not that good. He's not consistent. He doesn't put forth any effort. He just sit out there. When Chillz was here, he was always working. He was more efficient. A better rebounder. He did more little things.

I'm going to keep putting my cards out here on this too - if for nothing but being able to go back and say, "Yep. Toldjaso." I don't have very many guns to stick to, but this is one of them. People here have really put a blanket over Chill because of where he was drafted, how he shoots (not how well he shoots), and because they never paid attention to him. Chill is not a scrub and I would take him over Marvin or Mo in a nanosecond.

We shall see though. I'll welcome all the crow in the world if I'm proven wrong, but Chill is going to be a solid edition to someone's starting 5 and we'll either be glad we didn't let him walk or kicking ourselves for getting nothing out of it.

Are you serious? Josh is an upgrade over Marv, nevermind Mo. Mo's only claim to fame is his corner 3, which has been hit or miss (mostly miss) this season. Mo is cashing checks at this point. I wouldn't mind bringing Chill off the bench with Craw. Thats deadly.

You have a unprecedented knack for writing a post and then being proved dead wrong the very next day.

I have never seen anything like it.

Childress would still be a RFA as long as the Hawks continue to give him the Qualifying offer. As an aside- as long as the Hawks retain his rights he also counts as 10.8 Million against the cap even if he stays overseas. If the rules for RFA's change under a new CBA then those new rules would apply to CHildress as well.

Thanks

You can hold your laughter or laugh. Marvin sucks. Now, we no longer have the "p" word to save him. He's just not that good. He's not consistent. He doesn't put forth any effort. He just sit out there. When Chillz was here, he was always working. He was more efficient. A better rebounder. He did more little things.

Marvin does not suck.

• Moderators

I could just cut and paste my Josh Childress response but it is essentially that I like the guy but don't think we really felt much of a loss when he left because we needed someone who could stretch the defense on offense and his adequate defense and subpar defensive rebounding wasn't much of a loss. His fg% and offensive rebounding are both nicer stats because of his cheating on his defensive responsibilities (leaking out for easy baskets ups the fg% and going after the offensive boards instead of getting back on D helps the rebounding) so I knock him a little for that. He always had a great attitude, had some all-around skills, and would be an asset to any team at the right price. His right price for us, though, was clearly much less than he is currently being paid.