• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Only Downer right now is JJ Situation

JackB1

Chills caphold essentially obliterates that capspace. We would have to let two assets go for nothing just to see that capspace.

If Joe leaves we would let Chillz go and it wouldnt be we let Joe do anything . He chose to leave we wouldnt have run him away or decided not to resign him.

Yes ex...you are always so right. It'samazing how Smoove s_cks so much at both ends of the court that he actually dominates games and wins them. .

Not from the 3 spot. He sucks at everything from the 3. He can't shoot or beat guys off the dribble at the 3. He can't defend guys at the 3. They just go right by him.

His success is a direct result of playing the 4.

If Joe leaves we would let Chillz go and it wouldnt be we let Joe do anything . He chose to leave we wouldnt have run him away or decided not to resign him.

It's a faulty proposition because we are letting two better assets go for nothing just for the chance at barely 6 million in capspace. We have $47.6 million tied up in salary next season with a cap that is going to be at best $53.6 Mill next season, as per the NBA memo. Our draft pick takes a million out of that. If we are lucky enough to end up with a SnT of either Joe or Chills for players that eats out of that $6 mill and unlike last summer where there was both a bad economy and no team with capspace, almost every free agent you listed alone would ask for a salary starting at 4 million making the chance at two highly unlikely.

It's nice that people like to be optimistic and see roses at the end of the JJ saga but people need to take a closer look at reality and understand that the only best case scenario for this team starts with JJ resigning.

One thing is for sure C-T-C, I have no clue about the JChillz issue. Is he still a team asset while he cruises the beaches in Greece? Has he cut his hair? I really liked the guy when he was actually putting on a Hawks uniform. He was a real go-getter, a slasher to some degree, and stood his ground on the boards. Of course he had the ugliest "jumper"m this side of Topeka, but nobody is perfect.

(note: being somewhat into aviation I always thought that JChillz's Fro was a problem. It simply isn't aerodynamic and causes to much drag. With a shaved head or a close cut I'm sure JChillz would pick up at least .012 percent in overall quickness.)

You can't have a C, PF, and SF who cannot spread the floor. That leaves no room to work in the paint.

As we have said for the last 2 seasons. The only way Smoove can play SF is if you get peremiter oriented guy to play Center like a T. Murphy or M. Okur. That also takes away our defensive flexibility, hurts our transition offense and our transition defense, and will keep Smoove out of the paint more on halfcourt defense.

Edited by coachx

So we lose both Chillz and JJ walk for nothing guaranteed under that scenerio. Brilliant plan !

There are options. Ship Bibby in the deal and umgrade the PG and C situation.

LOL.........you guys are hillarious.

Who wants Bibby, who will be 33 next year, and his 2 years left under contract ? Better yet......who will give us a player better then Bibbt or ZaZa back in return.

At least attempt to be realistic please.

We can't move Bibby for anything of any real value until the 2012 season where he will be an expiring contract.

• Premium Member

I wish people would stop arguing that Zaza has negative value. His deal is fine for a proven backup big still in his prime.

Don't lump him into the "Bibby is untradable" discussions.

Edited by mrhonline

You can't have a C, PF, and SF who cannot spread the floor. That leaves no room to work in the paint.

As we have said for the last 2 seasons. The only way Smoove can play SF is if you get peremiter oriented guy to play Center like a T. Murphy or M. Okur. That also takes away our defensive flexibility, hurts our transition offense and our transition defense, and will keep Smoove out of the paint more on halfcourt defense.

Coach, I believe Bosh is the center with range enough to allow Josh and Al to be on the court together. Offensively Bosh stretches defenses. Defensively we switch and often have Josh at the head in our 3-2 zone. So Bosh is an answer.

Coach, I believe Bosh is the center with range enough to allow Josh and Al to be on the court together. Offensively Bosh stretches defenses. Defensively we switch and often have Josh at the head in our 3-2 zone. So Bosh is an answer.

Sure Bosh could work...............but we can't sign Bosh even if we renounce JJ and Chillz. That is still not enough money under the cap to sign him.

Edited by coachx

:lol6:

My idea would be to ship Marvin/Bibby and a pick in 2011 (which we won't need) to Portland for Aldridge. Our team would improve dramatically. Also draft a hybrid fwd like Lawal.

Teague

Craw

Smoove

Horford

Aldridge

Bench

Zaza

Mo

Lawal

MLE pickup (chills?)

Come on man. Post that trade on a Portland blog or message board, and see how they would react to that. It would start with the letters ":LOL" or "LMAO"

This is what people talk about when they say "be realistic". That's like the Knicks telling us that they would trade Chris Duhon, Jared Jeffries, and a #1 . . . for Smoove. No way in hell we'd do that.

And that team you listed is NOT better than our current team. Not even close. Smoove would get abused at the 3 and Aldridge would get abused at the 5. No shooters other than Crawford. Teague would have to play Rajon Rondo-like, in order for that squad to even be a .500 ballclub. Horford would have to turn into Karl Malone. Crawford would be under the gun every night defensively.

That team MIGHT win 40 games.

Come on man. Post that trade on a Portland blog or message board, and see how they would react to that. It would start with the letters ":LOL" or "LMAO"

This is what people talk about when they say "be realistic". That's like the Knicks telling us that they would trade Chris Duhon, Jared Jeffries, and a #1 . . . for Smoove. No way in hell we'd do that.

And that team you listed is NOT better than our current team. Not even close. Smoove would get abused at the 3 and Aldridge would get abused at the 5. No shooters other than Crawford. Teague would have to play Rajon Rondo-like, in order for that squad to even be a .500 ballclub. Horford would have to turn into Karl Malone. Crawford would be under the gun every night defensively.

That team MIGHT win 40 games.

I don't care what folks on Message boards think about proposed trades, they always think emotionally. Portland needs a true #2 scorer and they have a surplus of big men.

I think a frontline of Smoove, Horford and Aldridge would give us defense, rebounding, and athleticism. LMA's ability to play from the outside allows us to let smoove play in the post more. While smaller, quicker SF could get by Smoove offensively, they would also get abused in the post by Smoove as well. In regards to Teague, he has to get the reigns eventually and he already is the best penetrator and defender we have at point. Horford is avg 15/10 playing out of position. At PF he may be 20/10...especially since he would be more of a focus offensively.

But I'd like to hear your ideas if JJ leaves other than we will suck.

Edited by Johnnybravo4

I don't care what folks on Message boards think about proposed trades, they always think emotionally. Portland needs a true #2 scorer and they have a surplus of big men.

I think he just called Marvin a #2 scorer on a team that is expected to win 50 games !

:lol6:

Marvin is a fine role player but a #2 scorer he is not. Marvin / Bibby for Aldridge :lol6:

That is a good one !

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I don't think my JJ "panic" meter has gone above 10% all season. Part of that I know is just how well we're doing that I'm not thinking about it. Other than that, I'm not sure why the JJ talk doesn't bother me. I mean...it doesn't bother me at all. I think it's because I'm sure he'll be back.

Either way, the biggest thing in my mind right now is how we're going to deal with the 2nd round against CLE or ORL...

I think a frontline of Smoove, Horford and Aldridge would give us defense, rebounding, and athleticism. LMA's ability to play from the outside allows us to let smoove play in the post more. While smaller, quicker SF could get by Smoove offensively, they would also get abused in the post by Smoove as well. In regards to Teague, he has to get the reigns eventually and he already is the best penetrator and defender we have at point. Horford is avg 15/10 playing out of position. At PF he may be 20/10...especially since he would be more of a focus offensively.

But I'd like to hear your ideas if JJ leaves other than we will suck.

Well Johnny, that's pretty much the reality of the situation. If JJ bounces, we're not going to get back the quality of player(s) that we need to keep us at this current level. If JJ leaves, we not only lose a guy who can create his own offense off the dribble, we lose a perimeter defender and passer.

Your trade scenario isn't even feesible, because Portland fans would laugh you off the board. Don't mean to sound harsh, but you know Marvin's trade value ( especially for a quality big like Aldridge ) is less than zero. Why would they trade their best big, just because they have a lot of bigs? It just doesn't make sense.

I would just like to know what Portland's big depth is. They have Aldridge and the oft injured Oden and then Pryzbilla who had a worse injury than Oden signed through next season. That's it, one big and two that will start next season on the IL, how does that qualify as depth? And isn't Aldridge counted on as Roy's secondary scorer and Oden drafted to surpass that role? But then again I'm just emotional.