• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone believe Joe Johnson is better than

HawkWeisErrr

thats what you said now you are posting fan blogs and places like hoopshype . Since when did they equal the national media ?

In one of those links the guy says Crawford is a selfish player who will only ruin chemistry .....nuff said

As for the matt Steinmentz that link was from one game after Crawford put up 50 . but this is what he said this summer

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/21/summing-up-some-offseason-moves/

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Steinmetz_Can_Warriors_kick_selfish_habits.html

that is from the week before the article you posted

As I said before you have taken a popular fan opinion and made it into something bigger . His teammates all respect and love the guy.You cant find one link to a coach saying anything about his shot selection . Now if you look up George Karl and Jr smith Im sure you can find plenty of quotes where says something about those 27 ft threes JR is known for taking at the craziest times .

I dont use fans opinions or blogs to formulate my opinion on a player I try and gather as much from his actual teammates and coaches because they will give you the best insight into what he id doing and why.

Ive said since the summer that Crawford shoots too many threes for my liking . I would rather he get into lane and go the line like wade but thats just not being very realistic because he doesnt have the frame or the leagues backing to pull it off. But then like today I go to check out the numbers and the guy shot 41% from three last month so who am I to second guess ?

If a coach feels a guy needs to shoot to give his team its best chance to win then thats what they will do, its what PP did in Boston before they got KG and Ray-Ray .

Popular fan opinion? Come on man,.

http://www.ringsurf.com/online/1740-jamal_crawford.html

"The knock on Crawford is his low shooting percentage. He is a career 40% shooter, and shot only 37% in his breakout year last season. The Knicks believe that Crawford’s poor shot selection is responsible for his low percentage and that Stephon Marbury’s presence will give him more chances to take spot-up jumpers instead of always trying to score off the dribble."

That's the Knicks organization saying that. Not fans. Not sports writers. The Knicks organization.

This is probably the best article written on Crawford, illustrating the good and the bad about his game. Guess what the "bad" is?

http://www.cosellout.com/2008/02/24/jamal-crawfords-got-bette-davis-eyes/

Man . . . this isn't some type of "urban legend" the fans made up. You don't need Hubie Brown on TV to point out that most people believed that Jamal, up until this year, had the worst shot selection in the NBA. ( Personally, I'd give that title to Gilbert Arenas . . but he made up for it by going to the line a ton ).

Edited by northcyde

"The knock on Crawford is his low shooting percentage. He is a career 40% shooter, and shot only 37% in his breakout year last season. The Knicks believe that Crawford’s poor shot selection is responsible for his low percentage and that Stephon Marbury’s presence will give him more chances to take spot-up jumpers instead of always trying to score off the dribble."

And that last statement part of that bolded statement is EXACTLY what Woody tries to do with Jamal, when he plays alongside JJ. With the bench players, he lets "Jamal be Jamal", by going freelance against lesser defenders. He has the green light to go one-on-one as he's done in the past. When he's on the floor with JJ, he gets a chance to take a little more spot up jumpers via passes from JJ, Smoove, or Bibby. He doesn't ask him to be the facilitator in the offense when he plays with our best lineup ( Bibby - Crawford - JJ - Smoove - Horford ). In that lineup, he's DEFINITELY the spot-up shooter/slasher.

When Diesel and some of the others were acting like JJ never passed to Crawford, I went back and saw that JJ ( after the all-star break ) passed just as much to Crawford for assisted shots, than he did everybody else, with the exception of Josh Smith. The fact that he doesn't have to take every shot off the dribble, has helped his shooting percentage this year.

• Premium Member

I don't.

In fact I believe Marvin could average 20 if more plays were ran for him.

Crawford, Bibby, Horford, Williams, and Smith should be our lineup next season. We have a pretty good bench already but improving it would be key with Crawford in the starting lineup would be key.

Things are looking good for next year.

Who is this? Chill? JT? JB? No way someone makes this as a serious post.