• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to the big leagues Jason Hayward!

Popeye

Heard it on the radio. Think every car around me heard me scream "YEAH!". Can't believe he did that in his first at bat. Way to go kid. Now let's win the game.

First time I've seen Heyward. That kid looks like a monster. He has so much plate presence. Incredible.

Also, I've never heard a stadium chanting someone's name like that at every at-bat, especially for a rookie. Jeter comes to mind, but that is all I can think of.

I was at the Ted. He was great. He will be Baseball's Lebron James since Albert is Kobe.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

This reminded me of another Brave rookie. In his first World Series, somewhere in the middle innings,

he became the second youngest player to homer in the World Series.

He was the second youngest because, in an earlier at bat, he became the youngest player to do this.

Yep. He hit two homers in the same game. He player center field. Andrew Jones.

WELCOME JASON HAYWARD!

GO BRAVES!!

:line dance:

My reaction was "wow! I hope I started him in my fantasy league!" Fortunately, I did so I could both enjoy it as a Braves fan and fantasy owner. :vacation1:

I wasn't there, but that seemed to be the most electric moment at Turner Field since McCann's homer off Clemens in the playoffs a few years back (I was there for that one), even better than Francouer's debut. Amazing that he could step into that moment and shine like that. Hard to believe a 20 year old kid could step in and take two borderline pitches like that -- I know on that stage and in that moment most guys would be swinging at anything close.

I really hope he's great because all reports are that he's an exceptional guy.

• Moderators

I wasn't there, but that seemed to be the most electric moment at Turner Field since McCann's homer off Clemens in the playoffs a few years back (I was there for that one), even better than Francouer's debut. Amazing that he could step into that moment and shine like that. Hard to believe a 20 year old kid could step in and take two borderline pitches like that -- I know on that stage and in that moment most guys would be swinging at anything close.

I really hope he's great because all reports are that he's an exceptional guy.

There is much more buzz around this team this year than any year in recent memory. He is definitely a big part of it!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

This reminded me of another Brave rookie. In his first World Series, somewhere in the middle innings,

he became the second youngest player to homer in the World Series.

He was the second youngest because, in an earlier at bat, he became the youngest player to do this.

Yep. He hit two homers in the same game. He player center field. Andrew Jones.

WELCOME JASON HAYWARD!

GO BRAVES!!

:line dance:

I was like 7 when that happen and needless to say Andruw became my favorite Brave very quickly. He was better defensively than KGJ. He got to balls with such ease and played so shallow yet was waiting on baseballs that 90% of CF'ers couldn't even get too.