• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 simple things that would make Marvin a BEAST!

JTB

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

You just got half the board going. "What the hell did he just say" and start looking up youtube videos of a triangle+2.

In 2 days you'll have Woody sitting next to Larry Drew going "LD, can you go over this fast trap on the ball thing again? I'm having trouble understanding how we do that when we're supposed to be switching man anywhere above the 3 point line". Then Woody would rub his forehead real hard and kill any replacement eyebrow growth he might have going on.

Teague will overhear rendition 3 of the explanation and go, "Come on coach...don't change nothing....the sh*t works, it works"

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say Smoove is better than Marvin. For whatever reason, Smoove is not a great one on one defender. Marvin is not great either. Woody knows that we don't have good defense. That's why we play the switching defense. It hides our flaws because we're not chasing people or playing man on man. I hate it because it gives the offense the matchup that they want. I'd prefer a junk zone defense like a triangle and two. Because Bibby is not going to keep up with his man. Let Joe and Marvin be the floaters and Josh be a designated helper/double team. Keep Bibby where he's at near the top. I think this would work much better. A stationary 1 with a fast trap on the ball at the 1, 4, and 5 positions.

Y'know...

Marvin is quicker than Smoove, has a better shot, and has better handles. Smoove is stronger and is a better leaper...but he has more fire and desire. The latter is the difference between the two and notes the difference in their contribution to the team.

• Premium Member

OK.

I will answer the question of the thread.

3 simple things that would make Marvin a Beast....

1. HEART.

2. DESIRE to be the BEAST.

3. COMPETITIVENESS that goes down to his soul.

Those three things, Marvin lacks. Now Marvin may have the body, the shooting form, the defensive posture... etc.. but Marvin lacks the essentials that have to be part of your makeup. He's not competitive. He's doesn't have the strong desire to be the beast or the best. He lacks heart.

A player that every player should study is Michael Jordan. What made him different from Grant Hill is that Jordan had that desire and competitiveness. Not to say that GHill was weak, but whenever you saw Jordan do anything, even if he didn't do it well, you knew that he would work at it until he got it right. That is not in Marvin. Marvin is more like the guy who comes to practice every day but is there to help assist everybody else. That's never going to be a beast. You have to have some level of selfishness in order to be a great player.

• Premium Member

OK.

I will answer the question of the thread.

3 simple things that would make Marvin a Beast....

1. HEART.

2. DESIRE to be the BEAST.

3. COMPETITIVENESS that goes down to his soul.

Those three things, Marvin lacks. Now Marvin may have the body, the shooting form, the defensive posture... etc.. but Marvin lacks the essentials that have to be part of your makeup. He's not competitive. He's doesn't have the strong desire to be the beast or the best. He lacks heart.

A player that every player should study is Michael Jordan. What made him different from Grant Hill is that Jordan had that desire and competitiveness. Not to say that GHill was weak, but whenever you saw Jordan do anything, even if he didn't do it well, you knew that he would work at it until he got it right. That is not in Marvin. Marvin is more like the guy who comes to practice every day but is there to help assist everybody else. That's never going to be a beast. You have to have some level of selfishness in order to be a great player.

QFT