Mo Evans: Mr. "No Turnover" to opt out?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Saw this tidbit on draftexpress.com, and wanted to share it.

Among players with 500+ minutes, Mo Evans is the least likely to commit a turnover:

http://www.basketbal...ny.cgi?id=yAogO

Oh, and this:

Not just Richard Jefferson...Atlanta's Maurice Evans will likely be opting out of his 2.5 million $ contract this summer as well I'm told.
Edited by mrhonline

At this point Quincy Pondexter is the guy I am highest on in the range of where the Hawks will be picking.

Evans is sort of interesting- I can't imagine someone paying him more if he opts out but he must know something that I don't. If he opts out it must mean that guys are terrified of what the new CBA is going to look like and he wants one last chance to cash in under the current rules.

Edited by spotatl

:nono: tisk tisk MrH. The moment we all started witnessing Mo taking turnaround jumpers, driving hooks, contested 3s and trying to dunk in traffic we all should have taken notice that this is a man playing for a contract. This year's Mo puts up shots at a moments notice which goes a long way towards keeping turnovers down.

:nono: tisk tisk MrH. The moment we all started witnessing Mo taking turnaround jumpers, driving hooks, contested 3s and trying to dunk in traffic we all should have taken notice that this is a man playing for a contract. This year's Mo puts up shots at a moments notice which goes a long way towards keeping turnovers down.

I don't see it that way. He gets an opportunity and he takes it. He's been a solid guy and gives good effort. He's not afraid to dive for loose balls and follow shots in traffic.

I'd miss him.

Edited by Duff_Man

• Premium Member

C2C, Mo's advanced offensive stats are right in line with his numbers from last season. He's having an excellent season overall, for a bench player.

As far as his rationale, I think it's fair to say he can get at least a two-year BAE deal from some playoff team (probably Atlanta). That would be worth $4.32M at a minimum...

I won't be shocked either way with Evans, as I'm sure his agent knows more about his likely offers than any of us.

The lockout must be in place.

I don't see it that way. He gets an opportunity and he takes it. He's been a solid guy and gives good effort. He's not afraid to dive for loose balls and follow shots in traffic.

I'd miss him.

Not if we can get Childress back!!

• Premium Member

In case you had any doubts before, the Hawks are drafting a wing this summer.

If there's a big available, I think we should go after him. Wings are a dime a dozen. Hell, we can repick up Chillz and put Marvin on the bench if we'd like.

Mo is a steal at his price. I wouldn't want to spend much more than $3 million a year on whatever we replace Mo with, even if what we replace him with is better simply because the impact of 15-20 minutes a game from a 2/3 is fairly low on our team. If we spend more than $3 million we better be getting something superior and more integral to our team.