• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al Horford is gonna get a max contract.

mrhonline

You are joking right? You think that Iguodala had the choice of taking 6 years and 80 million dollars or taking the 1 year QO and thats it because no other teams were interested? The Sixers paid him what it took to keep him. I have no clue how in your world 6 years and 80 million dollars isn't a huge offer. I should have listened to Mrhonline when he said that you didn't understand that there could be offers that weren't offersheets.

So where is your link? That is what i thought.

Sure there could be offers that aren't offer sheets but then again any agent could claim so and so team made an offer even if they didn't. I have worked in sales and know how top salesman operate. They don't differentiate between truth and lies. It is all about saying whatever it takes to make a sale.

A team with no capspace could say they would be willing to pay $80 million and then the agent could go to the team and say we have an offer from another team for $80 million. Technically it is an offer but there is no chance of that team ever extending an offer sheet.

You and Mr H can claim anything you want about these behind the scenes offers but that is nothing more than speculation. There is all the difference in the world between an offer sheet and a verbal offer. An offer sheet has legal standing. Anything else doesn't.

With Iggy it boiled down to whether or not they wanted to keep him long term. They decided they did. However if they decided they didn't Iggy WOULD NOT have gotten an $80 million offer sheet from another team. The only way it would have been possible for him to get a deal like that would be to work out a SNT with Philly.

When was the last time a high profile RFA got an offer from another team and walked WITHOUT a SNT deal being worked out?

*waits for next dodge*

6 years 80 million yet you don't consider that a big offer. You are the one that picked this example. There isn't any point trying to explain things to your further because you simply aren't capable of getting it.

Time will tell.

When did i say 6 years, 80 million wasn't a big offer?. Are you reading impaired? You are definitely the HS king of strawman arguments.

Edited by exodus

Have you been drinking this whole thread? You were the one who used Iguodala as the example of a swingman who couldn't get a big offer. Maybe you simply weren't aware of his 6 year 80 million dollar deal?

Time will show how clueless you are on this. Hopefully then you will have better perspective on this conversation.

Edited by spotatl

Have you been drinking this whole thread? You were the one who used Iguodala as the example of a swingman who couldn't get a big offer. Maybe you simply weren't aware of his 6 year 80 million dollar deal?

Time will show how clueless you are on this. Hopefully then you will have better perspective on this conversation.

Your inability to understand basic English is staggering. Lets look at some of my quotes in this thread.

Gay most likely won't get any offers from other teams.

mith, Okafor, Biedrins, Gordon, Iggy and Deng got a combined total of 1 offer from another team

The recent history of RFAs is that they generally don't get offers of any kind from other teams, let alone big ones

The undeniable fact is that in recent history it is extremely rare for a RFA to get a big offer from another team.

Most RFAs in recent history have not gotten offers from other teams.

Please post any link that shows Deng or Iggy getting an offer from another team.

RIF-Logo-blue_large.gif

You literally believe that Iguodala had no other contract offers. And that that sixers gave him a 6 year 80 million dollar contract simply because they were feeling generous that day? You do know that teams can offer a contract without it being on an offersheet right? It just isn't worth trying to explain this to you. Once Gay signs his big contract then we can have this conversation again and hopefully then you will see how ridiculous you sound.

Gay most likely won't get any offers from other teams.

The great thing about predictions is that time will tell. You will see soon enough what I have been trying to explain to you.

Edited by spotatl

You literally believe that Iguodala had no other contract offers. And that that sixers gave him a 6 year 80 million dollar contract simply because they were feeling generous that day? You do know that teams can offer a contract without it being on an offersheet right? It just isn't worth trying to explain this to you. Once Gay signs his big contract then we can have this conversation again and hopefully then you will see how ridiculous you sound.

The great thing about predictions is that time will tell. You will see soon enough what I have been trying to explain to you.

Like i said you have no clue. There was only one other team who could have paid iggy that 80 million at the time he signed his deal. That team was Memphis and they weren't interested.

You are making a pathetically naive, and incorrect, assumption that Philly was matching some imaginary offer. That is complete nonsense. Just because iggy signed for $80 million DOES NOT mean that some other team was willing to pay him $80 million. what it means is that his agent did his job.

Dallas could have made a verball offer to pay Iggy $80 million but their offer would be totally meaningless because

1) They didn't have any capspace.

2) Verbal offers are meaningless in the NBA.

Not only are verbal offers meaningless, but verbal agreements are too. That is why Turk is playing for the Raps instead of the Blazers.

We'll see soon enough which one of us is clueless. Time will tell.

Actually we don't need to wait.

Do you even know what most likely means? I seriously doubt it.

If you say KK is better than AA heads up and we play a hand and you hit a set to win, does that mean you were right? I have no doubt that you would believe it does.

Edited by exodus

You do realize that people choosing to offer someone a contract isn't a random event right? These aren't random dice rolls- this is a one time event decided by people making self interested decisions- you trying to pretend this is cards just shows that you flat don't understand.Thats the point you are completely missing- there is a REASON why Gay will get offered a contract that has gone right over your head. And soon enough you will see that it was easy to predict if you were actually paying attention.

Time will show how clueless you are.

Edited by spotatl

You do realize that people choosing to offer someone a contract isn't a random event right? These aren't random dice rolls- this is a one time event decided by people making self interested decisions- you trying to pretend this is cards just shows that you flat don't understand.Thats the point you are completely missing- there is a REASON why Gay will get offered a contract that has gone right over your head. And soon enough you will see that it was easy to predict if you were actually paying attention.

Time will show how clueless you are.

LOL and what reason is that? Is it because he is so much better than all of the RFAs that preceeded him?

Nobody on Memphis' roster is signed past next year. Do you think Memphis' owner has the brilliant plan of becoming basically an expansion team without the benefit of the expansion draft?

Memphis just traded for Zach Randolph last summer, taking on an additional $24 million in salary. That isn't the type of move that you see from a team trying to reduce payroll.

You'll see soon enough. Its simply not worth the effort to explain it to you at this point when it will become obvious to everyone soon enough.

Looks like you just can't think up a good strawman.

The only thing Gay has in his favor is the number of teams with cap space this summer. Everything else is working against him.

If anything it is virtually mandatory for Memphis to resign Gay. it isn't like Memphis is a free agent hotbed. The only way they are going to get quality players is through the draft or trades.