• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 1

exodus

In the good news department i don't think Smith took a jumper all game. He had 10 rebounds, 4 blocks and no turnovers. That is the type of game i like to see from him.

Yep, stick to the post with Al and Smoove to start the 3rd and we don't let them back into the game.

Just came back from the game. Disappointed to see we didnt sell out, but a lot of things were going on here so i guess ill give the fans a pass this time.

Unless you give out the white shirts for free you will always have a half assed white out. I had a white and red shirt on, but i bought one of the 5 dollar joints they were selling, just to support.

Talk about haters....Paul Newberry's AP article slammed us in every way possible. You would think we lost <grin>.

Because they choked. It was a sad second half effort. This team just can't hold a lead. I'm tired of hearing that they "just lose focus". That's not what it is. Every time they get a lead they will blow out. They're simply not capable of playing an entire game... Especially when they jump out to a big lead. They did all but lose this game. Bad effort.

• Premium Member

That happens to the best of teams... it just gets illuminated with us because the best of teams still don't lose these kinds of games, and we have. The bigger issue is that we still don't appear to have any solutions for dealing with a quick offensive guard. Teague has the skills, in my opinion, but he's not an assertive defender yet... not sure if that comes with maturity. or if that comes with better coaching.

• Premium Member

That happens to the best of teams... it just gets illuminated with us because the best of teams still don't lose these kinds of games, and we have. The bigger issue is that we still don't appear to have any solutions for dealing with a quick offensive guard. Teague has the skills, in my opinion, but he's not an assertive defender yet... not sure if that comes with maturity. or if that comes with better coaching.

When Teague was on Jennings we kept switching on the screens. We need to let Teague man him up

• Premium Member

When Teague was on Jennings we kept switching on the screens. We need to let Teague man him up

For the first 20 points or so, yes... but eventually, Woody had him start manning up on him, but Jennings was in a zone that Teague couldn't break.

Because they choked. It was a sad second half effort. This team just can't hold a lead. I'm tired of hearing that they "just lose focus". That's not what it is. Every time they get a lead they will blow out. They're simply not capable of playing an entire game... Especially when they jump out to a big lead. They did all but lose this game. Bad effort.

Y don't u just go far away hot clearly u r never satisfied. Yes is it frustrating and dissapointing that the hawks let the lead slip away and hopefully they will play focused for 48 min on tuesday. However u r never satisfied if they loose u moan if they win u moan so y not just go and support a NBA team u like and stop wastin our time and yours postin straight venom and hate. I knw b4 u say it everybody does have a right to their opinon about the hawks and yes the hawks can be critisized. I dont like everything they do but u knw what no team in the NBA is PERFECT case in point Cavs let Chicago come back after bein up by 20pts plus but does any1 say anything no becuz its Lebron. As special as Lebron is he is n the same boat as we r u see he hasnt won the big trophy yet either. I'm done I'm through with my rant bcuz its not worth it u will continue to hate on this team no matter if they win by 30 or lose by 1 u will never be satisfied. Go HAWKS and stay focused the entire game on Tuesday!!!!!

This Bucks fan hit the nail on the head.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1004228

From Epicurus

My impresssion after this game is that whatever happens in this series is up to the Hawks. The reputation for blowing hot and cold during a game was reinforced today. The lack of focus was notable. As I said in the game thread, it is like the Hawks are an all-star2_bing.gif team that just met. Once an adjustment is made by the opponent, the Hawks seemingly get sloppy and very one-on-one oriented.