• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

game 2 mvp

gsuteke

Marvin sucked

Well I'm dumb. I wasn't able to watch the game live so I set it to record on NBA TV. Just got back at 9:30 and remembered the Hawks are blacked out on NBA TV for me. :(

But looking at the box score Josh had one hell of a night. At least I still have the Braves game to watch...

• Premium Member

I have a different take.

Joe Johnson = MVP tonight.

Everytime we needed a big shot.. JJ.

Everytime we needed a STOP... JJ.

Josh definitely had the stats and I wondered why WOody didn't let him go for 1 more assist but I guess 2-0 is bigger than triple double.

• Like 1

Diesel, he did try to get him #10. Marvin and Bibby just blew it.

Smoove and Horford were awesome, and JJ was good too (but I didnt see him do much in the second half--but then again, I was switching between that and the Braves game). We expect Smoove and Horford to dominate against the paint-challenged Bucks, but not so much JJ with his bad finger. Good to see all three getting it going.

I have a different take.

Joe Johnson = MVP tonight.

Everytime we needed a big shot.. JJ.

Everytime we needed a STOP... JJ.

Josh definitely had the stats and I wondered why WOody didn't let him go for 1 more assist but I guess 2-0 is bigger than triple double.

I agree. JJ was the guy who hit the big shots in the second half but he isn't going to get the credit he deserves on here because people keep obsessing over how much it will cost to resign him.

Josh seems to be trying to clean up his play in the playoffs. During the season he took too many long jumpers, was frequently weak on the glass had too many careless turnovers . In two games he has taken a total of two jumpers and only one of them was a long one, which he missed. When Smith misses only 1 jumper in two games that makes the Hawks offense tough to stop.

He has 24 rebounds in two games. That is a welcome sight since his rebounding effort has been very inconsistent. He also has only two turnovers in two games. In the last 7 games of the regular season he had 23 turnovers. He was forcing way too many passes but hasn't done that so far in the playoffs.

• Moderators

Josh messed around and (almost) got a triple double, so MVP.

If Josh was MVP-1, Joe was MVP-1A. Really closed out well with some big shots.

We'll need our bench to step it up a couple notches if we're going to start talking about brooms 'n stuff.

How about Brandon "Milk Carton" Jennings tonight? "Have You Seen Me?"

~lw3

• Premium Member

Diesel, he did try to get him #10. Marvin and Bibby just blew it.

Smoove and Horford were awesome, and JJ was good too (but I didnt see him do much in the second half--but then again, I was switching between that and the Braves game). We expect Smoove and Horford to dominate against the paint-challenged Bucks, but not so much JJ with his bad finger. Good to see all three getting it going.

Actually, JJ looked rather impressive in the second half. He hit bigtime shots and played great defense throughout the entire game. JJ is trying to prove a point and is picking a GREAT time to do it. I just hope he keeps it up for the remainder of this Playoff run. I have a really good feeling about this Hawks team. I just feel that this team may go a lot farther than most predicted if they continue to play inspired basketball.