• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

of the teams that matter is Joe the 2nd best player in the East/ Other Random Thoughts.

MVP23

Hmmmm I've taken a lot of heat for calling out Joe, but last night was a great example of how good he is when he lets the game come to him. I like how he took over in the 4th with those big shots, and the 3 that closed them out. Even the 4th Q went smoove. Maybe Joe was just bored during the regular season? Anyway, Of the teams that matter right now, Joe Johnson is only behind Lebron, meaning that at the very least, until the ECF, we will have the best player on the floor (if he plays like he did last night) Dwight Howard is the most overrated peice of trash I've ever seen. What an epic 5 point game we had in game one huh? Pau Gasol shut him down..PAU GASOL! You're telling me Smoove/Horf/Zaza/Collins can't? Please

Also, I like what Woody said about Smoove last night. Smoove went from being a complete idiot to being a force, and the 2nd best PF in the East behind Bosh. He even hit his jumper which is...nice. Teams have to really gameplan for smoove now, because he has a package. I like it.

Lastly, who makes the schedule for the playoffs? Who? When Bob said game 3 was Saturaday I thought he was mistaken, and game 4 was Saturday. Turns out game 3, is Saturday. I'm confused because coming Confrence finals time the game is every other night. I guess that really want to maximize on ratings by having only one game on at one time, but when they do that, it fails because as we saw last night, the Bucks Hawks>Heat Celtics.

That is all.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your criticism of Dwight Howard is over the top, IMO. The guy averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, 2 assists and 1 steal in the playoffs last season. He is a great young player who will have some occasional poor offensive games because he is not terribly skilled offensively right now.

Last year's Game 1 against the Lakers was a bad game for Howard and he got 12 points, 15 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists and 2 steals. He scored double digits in every playoff game last season. I am also a bit confused by your reference to the 5 point Game 1 against Pau Gasol - is this intended to refer to the game Orlando won against the Bobcats? Gasol plays for the Lakers.

Your criticism of Dwight Howard is over the top, IMO. The guy averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, 2 assists and 1 steal in the playoffs last season. He is a great young player who will have some occasional poor offensive games because he is not terribly skilled offensively right now.

Last year's Game 1 against the Lakers was a bad game for Howard and he got 12 points, 15 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists and 2 steals. He scored double digits in every playoff game last season. I am also a bit confused by your reference to the 5 point Game 1 against Pau Gasol - is this intended to refer to the game Orlando won against the Bobcats? Gasol plays for the Lakers.

I mean last year in the finals Dwight was shut down by Pau, and Dwight was pretty much shut down by the Bobcats the other night. He was in foul trouble must of the night. And either way, can you honestly say Dwight Howard can take over a game in the 4th Q? Can you say that with a straight face? He can get 17 rebounds, and 14 points each and every game, but can he take over a game with 3 mins left in the 4th to win it for his team?

I mean last year in the finals Dwight was shut down by Pau, and Dwight was pretty much shut down by the Bobcats the other night. He was in foul trouble must of the night. And either way, can you honestly say Dwight Howard can take over a game in the 4th Q? Can you say that with a straight face? He can get 17 rebounds, and 14 points each and every game, but can he take over a game with 3 mins left in the 4th to win it for his team?

Howard takes over games defensively. He is the best interior defender and best rebounder in the game today while at the same time being better offensively then Mutumbo ever was.

Offense is only half the game ya' know.

Your post should read........"Is JJ the 2nd best offensive player out of the Eastern Conference's top 4 teams ?" Now that is a relevant question. JJ is a very good defender but not so good that he is a better over all player then D. Howard. That is not even worthy of debate.

Edited by coachx

Dwight Howard is the most overrated peice of trash I've ever seen. What an epic 5 point game we had in game one huh? Pau Gasol shut him down..PAU GASOL! You're telling me Smoove/Horf/Zaza/Collins can't? Please

:doh:

This just in...........breaking news.............reading crap like this is bad for your health.

• Like 2

This thread simply proves that he simply says things just for attention. Which is too bad, because he at least follows the league and knows somewhat of what it is all about.

But when he says flat out silly stuff, you just can't take the dude serious. And on top of that, he tries to hype up the very dude he's been ripping all year, even when he plays well.

It's almost like . . "tabloid blogging"

And we all help feed the monster. When he posts, we can't help to respond, which keeps the cycle going.

• Like 1