• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

why did Mo take so many shots

arhawkfan

• Premium Member

The Marvin reputation as some cuasi-shutdown defender has really always mystified me. He is one of the better perimeter defenders on an extremely poor perimeter defensive team. Not to mention that we rarely stick one defender on one offensive player since we literally switch on every single screen, so it's not like we ever see Marvin going at a guy a la Artest in his prime... Our perimeter defense is completely team oriented, and it sucks hard. So saying that Marvin really improves our team defense is pretty misleading to me. You put any decent SF at his position and he can have the exact same defensive impact. People bring up the +/- stats as some kind of proof that Marvin is a great defender but it has a lot more to do with the fact that Jamal, and Bibby are both terrible defenders who can't really match up against either PG's or SG's effectively, than with Marvin coming in and shutting people down.

I cringe when Mo is on a fast break. Has he converted a fast break play yet this series? Its borderline pathetic.

But we do need him. He is one of our better defenders. If Marvin keeps playing like he has then I will start to get on the "Start Mo" bandwagon, but that is a game away. If Marv has a good game tomorrow I'll forgive him.