• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are the Hawks doing wrong?

AHawks89

• Premium Member

I'll start off by saying switching defense. There are obviously more reasons why, but I want to hear it from yall. :help wanted3:

It was foreseeable.

Everybody knows that Skiles is a good coach. How long did we think it would take for him to figure out how to dial up his favorite mismatch with our switching defense? The problem with this team is that we lack toughness. We play the switch because we have players who can't fight through picks. Woody has designed this defense for simplicity, however, when your continuously getting Jennings matched up on Zaza or Salmons on Zaza... or Jennings on Horford then you begin to realize that this is not a coincidence, this is by their design.

Switching defenses on guards that like to take it to the rack.

Too much one on one (14 assists)

Evans missed some very easy baskets in crunch time.

Woody went away from what won the first two games for us

Woody is a horrible coach. Teague played one minute tonight while Jennings was running all over the place. We got outcoached again. You see why there is no contract extension for Woody??

Agree 100%.

• Premium Member

Problem #1 is the inability of this team to take it up a notch (and keep it there) on the road.

Problem #2 is that they were playing scared. Seriously? We're intimidated by Delfino and Gadzurich? Kurt Thomas owns us? We're deferring to Mo in crunch time?

Problem #3 is the robotic switching defense. Everything about Woodson is predictable because the man simply can't or will not make adjustments - on either end of the floor.

Problem #4 is a lack of ball movement. One on one is good situationally. I've got no problem with it. We can't run it all night and we absolutely CANNOT settle for jumpers.