• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Props to JJ

exodus

Tonight JJ started off cold, missing his first 5 shots. However after that he stepped up huge finishing with 29 points on 11-22 shooting (two of those misses were desperation shots late in the game), 9 assists and only 1 turnover. Can't ask for much more than that in a critical road playoff game.

Too bad he didn't have enough help. He probably would have if it wasn't for...

mr-potato-head-462.jpg

• Like 1

Yeh, but you have to wonder, if the way that Joe get's his points, stagnates the rest of the team, especially on the road, when they don't have fans to cheer them on. And I blame the way Joe get's his points on Woodson.

Edited by Supporter

Yeh, but you have to wonder, if the way that Joe get's his points, stagnates the rest of the team, especially on the road, when they don't have fans to cheer them on. And I blame the way Joe get's his points on Woodson.

Huh? He had 9 assists in addition to his 29 points. He had a great game all around.

The problem was that the bench scrubs got too many minutes. When Marvin plays only 20 minutes yet gets twice as many rebounds as the entire bench, you know that the bench players belong on the bench.

Edited by exodus

Huh? He had 9 assists in addition to his 29 points. He had a great game all around.

Even with those 9 assists, they were only helping out guys like Bibby and Craw on the perimeter. It's going to be difficult to when when you rely on hot hands from the perimeter to get you back in the game. The only problem is that Horf's and Josh's post game are not getting it done.

Even with those 9 assists, they were only helping out guys like Bibby and Craw on the perimeter. It's going to be difficult to when when you rely on hot hands from the perimeter to get you back in the game. The only problem is that Horf's and Josh's post game are not getting it done.

That isnt' JJs fault. Look at playoff games around the league and teams are getting big wins with stellar pg play. All Bibby does on his best days is make open shots.

Smoove and Jamal both had great games as well, can't leave them out.. But everyone's favorite player Marvin has sucked more than anyone else since the playoffs started. he sucks big time. We are not going to win any games with our starting SF only scoring 2 points..

Edited by jsmoovefan

What in the world do you mean ONLY?

When Lebron and Wade rack up a ton of assists, it's because they're passing out to wide open perimeter shooters. JJ did the same thing tonight. I think he assisted on 7 threes tonight.

Seven . . . that's 21 points + the other 2 assists ( 4 points ) . . for a total of 25 points off of his 9 assists.

Add the 29 that he scored, and he created 54 points.

And you're talking about the dang offense being run through JJ . . like it's a BAD THING?

We didn't lose tonight because of offense. The defense lost this game.

What in the world do you mean ONLY?

When Lebron and Wade rack up a ton of assists, it's because they're passing out to wide open perimeter shooters. JJ did the same thing tonight. I think he assisted on 7 threes tonight.

Seven . . . that's 21 points + the other 2 assists ( 4 points ) . . for a total of 25 points off of his 9 assists.

Add the 29 that he scored, and he created 54 points.

And you're talking about the dang offense being run through JJ . . like it's a BAD THING?

We didn't lose tonight because of offense. The defense lost this game.

If the offense wasn't run through Joe most of the time, and if "somehow" we could get some production from the post, it would balance the floor out and make it easier for Joe to take over the game even more. But if all you have is Joe going one on one, and desperately trying to find open shooters the offense is going to get stagnant and gaurd heavy. It might work out in this round, but with better defenses, it's going to be harder for this type of offense to work. And I agree that the defense is what kept us from getting back in the game, I'm just seeing a potential risk with this offense in the next round if we get there.

Edited by Supporter

If the offense wasn't run through Joe most of the time, and if "somehow" we could get some production from the post, it would balance the floor out and make it easier for Joe to take over the game even more. But if all you have is Joe going one on one, and desperately trying to find open shooters the offense is going to get stagnant and gaurd heavy. It might work out in this round, but with better defenses, it's going to be harder for this type of offense to work. And I agree that the defense is what kept us from getting back in the game, I'm just seeing a potential risk with this offense in the next round if we get there.

So in other words . . . run the offense through the post, even if the post players are having trouble scoring in the post? You keep saying "somehow" get production from the post. Well, the problem is that a guy like Horford isn't that good at creating his own offense. Nor is Smoove.

But you'd rather for the offense to be ran through two "ifs", than the 4 time all-star, who has proven that he can score in isolation, plus set up other people?

That's like telling Brandon Roy to run the offense through Marcus Camby, so that Camby can create better looks for Roy, even though Roy is perfectly capable of creating and making any shot he takes.

JJ had a stellar game. No and if or buts about. "The way he gets his points" had nothing to do with losing. Anytime you score 100 points and lose the game, it is because of defense. If this were the Phoenix Suns, I could see that train of thought, but 100pts should be enough to beat anyone. ESPECIALLY this Bucks team. Saying JJ played any form of significance in this loss is laughable.

Yeah we need to quit complaining about the offense. We can score on this time, that's not been the problem this series.

The problem is having our stupid switching defense blowup in our face and Woody not doing anything to adjust to it. It comes down to defense and rebounding for us.

• Premium Member

No. Joe is the bright spot offensively. He scores and he passes. When you send 5-8 passes to Mo Evans and he misses every time... that's what stagnates the offense. When you pass to Marvin and somehow he turns the ball over.. that's what stagnates the offense. When you give the ball to Smoove and he gives this OLAY crap...

No. Joe is the bright spot offensively. He scores and he passes. When you send 5-8 passes to Mo Evans and he misses every time... that's what stagnates the offense. When you pass to Marvin and somehow he turns the ball over.. that's what stagnates the offense. When you give the ball to Smoove and he gives this OLAY crap...

Bingo Diesel. Joe played a Lebron-esque gaqme lastnight totally 30pts with 9 assists on 50% shooting. He had more assist than the rest of the team combined. He had 9 assist while the rest of the team only had 5. The difference is, Lebron's teammates make the open shots. I have no bone to pick with a guy that created over 50% of the teams offense. What more could he have done? 100pts should beat anyone.

Even woody admitted we don't get Al and Smoove the ball enough. Granted joe was great last night, and Craw finally had a good game. But Al and Smoove still don't get enough touches. with or without foul trouble. But they aren't the problem, at least they bring something to the table even if they don't score. Marvin never brings anything EVER. but I'm sure some of marvin's fans will have a million excuses for why he only scored 2 points last night.

Even woody admitted we don't get Al and Smoove the ball enough. Granted joe was great last night, and Craw finally had a good game. But Al and Smoove still don't get enough touches. with or without foul trouble. But they aren't the problem, at least they bring something to the table even if they don't score. Marvin never brings anything EVER. but I'm sure some of marvin's fans will have a million excuses for why he only scored 2 points last night.

The Bucks have decided to double the post-players, Smoove has had more success than Horford in splitting the double-team and/or passing out to an open teammate. Horford is struggling trying to go one-on-two or one-on-three and get his shot, he can't split the double-team and forces up shots. He has been totally neutralized. The Bucks are daring our guards to beat them, because they have totally clogged up the middle. Despite all of that we still manage to score 100+ points and Smoove still managed to have a good game despite the double-teams. Woody is stubborn with the defensive approach and it will be the death of him and the Hawks this season.

I give props to JJ for taking a hard foul and knocking someone on their A$$!!!. I think that's leading by example, unfortunately nobody else is following that lead. We need a no layup rule for the playoffs, regardless of what mediocre defensive scheme Woody draws up on the chalk board.