• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JJ: "We complain way too much"

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
We know what to expect. We have got to stop complaining so much. We worry about them holding and scratching and clawing. We have just got to do the same thing. Stop worrying about what the refs are calling, and just play. We complain way too much.

May favorite quote:

All of that is true but Josh isn’t blameless. I saw him watching guys score at the rim instead of challenging shots. He was back to being weak on closeouts. When J.J. was talking about guys complaining too much about calls, Smoove has to be at or near the top of the list

We can’t let that get the best of us. A call is a call, it can’t be changed. You just have to go out there and compete.

Smoove's Side

I was straight. People were not helping each other out and not communicating. That’s really why I was frustrated

I'm rich bit**
Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

JJ should call Marvin out by name. It's just embarrassing what he's bringing to the table. If you're not going to score just be a physical presence like Kurt Thomas.

• Premium Member

Joe, you can take yourself out of the we... you never complain about a call .. lol @ the fake marvin comment..

Sorry but Joe has done everything up until now.

Smoove got back in it offensively last night....

But Joe has done everything. I can imagine that Joe is PISSED becuase he knows that we are better than this.

Sorry but Joe has done everything up until now.

Smoove got back in it offensively last night....

But Joe has done everything. I can imagine that Joe is PISSED becuase he knows that we are better than this.

It's called being sarcastic... I thought it was pretty clear lol

When Joe says "we complain too much" he is 100% correct and he is directing this comment 90% at Smoove....Mr. Complainer. 99% of the time when Smoove complains about a foul or non-foul call, it is shown

that he is wrong on the replay. The team needs to stop complaining and start playing some defense. We looked like swiss cheese out there last night. Why oh why doesn't Woodson put Teague on Jennings every

once in a while. Teague can stay with him step for step and the switching nonsense will stop. Bibby is almost like a cardboard cutout on D. You can go around him like he's not there. Teague is our only hope for

the future at PG....it's getting real obvious. When Bibby is opposite a quicker guard, he is an extreme liability.

When is Woodson going to realize this switching defense is killing us. I would rather see us play a zone, where our bigs just stay home. Their guards are too quick for our bigs and they are executing Skiles plan to perfection.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Who is MC ?

that's Michael Cunningham. the Hawks beat writer for AJC

• Premium Member

When Joe says "we complain too much" he is 100% correct and he is directing this comment 90% at Smoove....Mr. Complainer. 99% of the time when Smoove complains about a foul or non-foul call, it is shown

that he is wrong on the replay. The team needs to stop complaining and start playing some defense. We looked like swiss cheese out there last night. Why oh why doesn't Woodson put Teague on Jennings every

once in a while. Teague can stay with him step for step and the switching nonsense will stop. Bibby is almost like a cardboard cutout on D. You can go around him like he's not there. Teague is our only hope for

the future at PG....it's getting real obvious. When Bibby is opposite a quicker guard, he is an extreme liability.

When is Woodson going to realize this switching defense is killing us. I would rather see us play a zone, where our bigs just stay home. Their guards are too quick for our bigs and they are executing Skiles plan to perfection.

Funny thing about Woody. He does not like to play young PGs yet every other team is using young PGs to make him look foolish.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

LOL @ the Teague talk. Did Teague stop Jennings in Game 1? No.

Has Teague stopped ANYBODY this year? No.

Now I'm not against him playing in that 2nd quarter, to see if he can impact the game. But that kid is NOT some defensive stopper. He hasn't be that all year. And he's just as lost as anybody on defense, when his man doesn't have the ball. Just because he is quick, does not mean that he's a good defender. I'm not against Woody trying Teague, or Mario, or whomever . . . but don't act like those guys are the answer to stopping Jennings.

• Moderators

Now I'm not against him playing in that 2nd quarter, to see if he can impact the game. But that kid is NOT some defensive stopper. He hasn't be that all year. And he's just as lost as anybody on defense, when his man doesn't have the ball. Just because he is quick, does not mean that he's a good defender. I'm not against Woody trying Teague, or Mario, or whomever . . . but don't act like those guys are the answer to stopping Jennings.

It is too late to develop Teague at this point. You would have had to give him consistent minutes and let him play through rough patches in order to have him as a valuable player in the playoffs. The time for that came and went long ago. Teague is not the answer this series and should only play if he enters the game and is scorching hot for some reason.

The answer to stopping Jennings isn't Teague. The answer is backing off of him, going underneath the screens and making him shoot. Even if he is hot he becomes selfish and stagnates their offense. Once he misses a couple in a row, they are down 10+. I wouldn't respect his jumper at all. I was pissed to see Zaza playing him tight on the switch as opposed to giving him room to shoot his way out of it.

How do u knw he hasnt said this to the players? I swear some of you all is just love to be critical of everything.

Because I can, name one time you have seen Joe yell at a teammate for doing something stupid on the court?? He has got to be more vocal. No one can deny that.

i guess you think bibby is better,get real,you must be woody