• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who.... Will be the next Hawks Coach.

Diesel

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

The Word is that Woodson might be rejoining Larry Brown in Philly.... Nobody ever though about this, but maybe Woody feels disrespected by this process.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if we keep Johnson or how we do in these playoffs. I think Woody has proven himself as a coach.

So, the only thing left to discuss is who can we get to replace him.

What coach can take this team to the next level?

Poll 1 = Available.

Poll 2 = Not Available YET.. But will be.

Poll 3 = Assistants.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If the Mavs lose to the Spurs this round, Rick Carlisle. Sund hired him once before. I think he'd be a great fit here, so maybe it's just wishful thinking, but...

Mark Jackson

+1 on that one.

I like:

Mark Jackson

JVG - but he claims he no longer wants to coach.....it would amp up the rivalry with the Magic to have brothers coaches vs. one another.

Mike Fratello

Byron Scott

I doubt we go with inexperience.

If they come cheap the ASG might.

• Premium Member

I just don't see the point in hiring another "new" head coach. Yeah, he may be the next big thing...or he may be just another coaching bust. Just like draft picks. We are not at a stage now where we need either. If we do not bring Woodson back, then we need a proven head coach. We need an experienced X's and O's guy who knows defense - which would make the Czar my first choice.

Otherwise, we might as well just bring Woody back.

Speaking of which... If there is any truth to the rumblings in that article, then we're not looking to put any real money down on a coach. And if the most we're going to offer anyone (Woodson included) is a low-ball, then that most certainly means we'll be bringing in another nobody.

I just don't see the point in hiring another "new" head coach. Yeah, he may be the next big thing...or he may be just another coaching bust. Just like draft picks. We are not at a stage now where we need either. If we do not bring Woodson back, then we need a proven head coach. We need an experienced X's and O's guy who knows defense - which would make the Czar my first choice.

Otherwise, we might as well just bring Woody back.

Speaking of which... If there is any truth to the rumblings in that article, then we're not looking to put any real money down on a coach. And if the most we're going to offer anyone (Woodson included) is a low-ball, then that most certainly means we'll be bringing in another nobody.

We are specualting that the ASG will offer Woody a low ball contract and some other team will pay him more. The Hawks will then be left to find a coach for around $2 mill per year deal. Its way to early to speculate but I can't help but do it any way.

I hope I'm wrong and either Woody stays b/c of a good playoff showing or the Hawks actually seek out a legitimate upgrade. I'm definately not wanting to change for changes sake.

• Moderators

We are specualting that the ASG will offer Woody a low ball contract and some other team will pay him more.

The author of the article that inspired this thread sees Woodson as an assistant coach next year - not somewhere where he is getting paid so much more than Atlanta.

Brown would like to bring Mike Woodson as an assistant if he doesn't return to Atlanta next year. Wojo thinks the Hawks may try and lowball Woodson during negotiations.

• Premium Member

The author of the article that inspired this thread sees Woodson as an assistant coach next year - not somewhere where he is getting paid so much more than Atlanta.

I thought he was saying LB for Pres of Philly and Woody as his HC.

Can someone explain why they would want to hire Mark Jackson out of the announcers booth and straight into a head coaching job? What a horrible idea.

Because Mark Jackson is one of the smartest point guards to have played the game in the last 20 years. Mark Jackson understands winning.

That said. A proven talent developer has been Doug Collins.

You should have clicked on Diesel's link in order to know what he was referencing.

Brown would be the President Philly and Woody would be Brown's head coach is what the link stated.

Brown came out and said he would not COACH in Philly. He said nothing about front office management. His family still lives in Philly too.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

you can't go the JVG path. He's too much of a TV-clown to be taken seriously these days. Now had he chosen to take the TV persona of a Hubie Brown you would have no problem selling him to these players.

• Moderators

You should have clicked on Diesel's link in order to know what he was referencing.

Brown would be the President Philly and Woody would be Brown's head coach is what the link stated.

Brown came out and said he would not COACH in Philly. He said nothing about front office management. His family still lives in Philly too.

I did read what he was referencing. I was quoting from a second article from CNNSI that conflicted and said Brown wanted Woody as an assistant.

Mike Woodson will be, that was easy. If Woody bolts then bring in BILLY KNIGHT to coach. :headphones: Knight built this machine so let him operate it. :snowballfight:

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Mike Woodson will be, that was easy. If Woody bolts then bring in BILLY KNIGHT to coach. :headphones: Knight built this machine so let him operate it. :snowballfight:

i agree 100% BK would be an excellent choice. If ASG is smart they'll dump Sund and have BK be a GM / HC.