• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We need to start Teague

Johnnybravo4

I don't have anything against Mike Bibby but the truth is this. We are losing to the Bucks because Bibby can't stay in front of any of the Bucks' guards and on offense he isn't providing any time of penetration that could lead to easy baskets. We need to shake this lineup up and give the Bucks something to think about defensively. We have not tried to put pressure on Jennings to play defense. If there is one thing that Teague does well it is dribble penetration. He also could provide at least a smidge of D on Jennings so that our bigs have time to rotate on shooters. Right now the Bucks are resigned to drive into the hole and force our bigs to foul. At this point we have nothing to lose.

• Moderators

As I just said on another thread:

It is too late to develop Teague at this point. You would have had to give him consistent minutes and let him play through rough patches in order to have him as a valuable player in the playoffs. The time for that came and went long ago. Teague is not the answer this series and should only play if he enters the game and is scorching hot for some reason.

Man the hawks are wack, i'm sorry no hate. I wish the knicks were in the place of the Bucks. We probably would have swept ya'll or beat you in 5 because Woodson as a coach is dumb founded. I bet if Jennings or Curry was drafted there they wouldn't play either. It's a shame to see wash ups like bibby guard Jennings. He looks like he severely sprained both of his ankles out there when he moves. It's pretty sad

Don't get mad at me dude that your team is struggling against the worst team in the playoffs w/o their two stars and a rookie taking them to school. Don't be mad doggy, I just expected to see the Hawks roll through this team with ease and seeing that they can't makes me think other teams who aren't in the playoffs would love to have their position and take care of business. Would there REALLY be a drop off if Teague started over Bibby? I mean don't fool yourself son, Bibby just manages the ball up the court. He looks god awful and you know it haha

What would be the purpose of putting Teague in the game if we are still switching everything ? The problem is that Jennings coach is putting him into position to take advantage of our defensive schemes while at the same time we are taking them starting a rookie in the playoffs at all.

Don't get mad at me dude that your team is struggling against the worst team in the playoffs w/o their two stars and a rookie taking them to school. Don't be mad doggy,

Not mad at all...........just humored and amused by fans who troll on other team's message boards. You won't see me trolling on a Knicks message board after they lose a playoff game..............they will get back there one day.

What would be the purpose of putting Teague in the game if we are still switching everything ?

Exactly. It doesn't matter who is in the game on defense if Woody keeps on allowing them to match up their PG against our Centers. What needs to happen is Woody going man-to man and letting Teague see if he can contain Jennings.

• Premium Member

Exactly. It doesn't matter who is in the game on defense if Woody keeps on allowing them to match up their PG against our Centers. What needs to happen is Woody going man-to man and letting Teague see if he can contain Jennings.

Good point. The only way we can continue to switch like we have is if we have a Craw/JJ backcourt or pickup someone like a Shaun Livingston to play PG. Switching defense should be more situational than the norm. Woody needs to adapt to what's happening on the court FAST. The Bucks exploited the switching defense TWO games in a row, so I hope Woody got the message.

Edited by hawkman

Man the hawks are wack, i'm sorry no hate. I wish the knicks were in the place of the Bucks. We probably would have swept ya'll or beat you in 5 because Woodson as a coach is dumb founded. I bet if Jennings or Curry was drafted there they wouldn't play either. It's a shame to see wash ups like bibby guard Jennings. He looks like he severely sprained both of his ankles out there when he moves. It's pretty sad

you are 1000% RIGHT

I hate tools from other teams forums. troll elsewhere.

Not mad at all...........just humored and amused by fans who troll on other team's message boards. You won't see me trolling on a Knicks message board after they lose a playoff game..............they will get back there one day.

What's so funny about another fan coming in here? The Knicks aren't in the playoffs so I would like to discuss basketball with ppl who teams are in it

I hate tools from other teams forums. troll elsewhere.

Dude, stop talking others opinions so personal. Why when someone disagrees with what the Hawks are doing you're called a "hater" "troll" or your post count is too low etc.? c'mon really? I personally like Teague because he is a young talent who most likely won't develop because of the superstar Mike Bibby and genius head coach Mike Woodson. He may be worst than D'antoni

• Like 1