• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

State of the playoff Hawks and Woody.

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I have supported Woody in the past and still do. Every coach has something the fans don't like about him. I as a fan of 30 years have seen the Hawks come and go. I do wonder about the lack of using the bench but I'm not a coach. This team sits at about the same place as the team back in the 1990s with Fratello and Nique. Eveyone was complaining that Nique shot too much and Fratello couldn't coach. At that point mgt started making changes and then we went on to have several years of mediocrity. Most of the players do not play with intensity. If Josh Smith applies himself the Hawks are tough to beat.

I lay the blame at managements feet for not bringing in the necessary parts to win. We have done NOTHING the past two offseasons with the exception of Crawford and that was a GREAT move, but we need big men now and mgt gambled at the the trade deadline and it was a mistake not top getting another big.

This team is very athletic but has a cohesion problem. Unless Josh Smith comes around and pkays like he should the Hawks will lose this series.

Let the screaming begin........................

• Moderators

Maybe if we were losing to Orlando or Cavs you could blame management for not making us a true contender. But are you really saying that management didn't do enough to get us out of a first round series against the Bucks?

Nothing against the Bucks but we are losing because we are under performing. Whether that is Woody's FAULT or not doesn't matter. It's his responsibility. There is more than enough talent on this team to go deep in the playoffs. Does anyone disagree with that? this is why Woody doesn't have a contract extension. There is no evidence in his track record that he can win in the playoffs and compete with elite teams. Look at the Heat this year. It took us 7 games to get by them last year. They aren't significantly different this year and they can't even compete with Boston in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Maybe if we were losing to Orlando or Cavs you could blame management for not making us a true contender. But are you really saying that management didn't do enough to get us out of a first round series against the Bucks?

Nothing against the Bucks but we are losing because we are under performing. Whether that is Woody's FAULT or not doesn't matter. It's his responsibility. There is more than enough talent on this team to go deep in the playoffs. Does anyone disagree with that? this is why Woody doesn't have a contract extension. There is no evidence in his track record that he can win in the playoffs and compete with elite teams. Look at the Heat this year. It took us 7 games to get by them last year. They aren't significantly different this year and they can't even compete with Boston in the playoffs.

This is my thinking. We have four players on the team who had All-Star caliber seasons... We should handle the Bucks easily.

• Like 1

This is my thinking. We have four players on the team who had All-Star caliber seasons... We should handle the Bucks easily.

It would be one thing if the Bucks were competing with their entire team healthy, it is another when they are missing two of their best players. Bogut was having a very good season prior to getting injured and his lose would be the equivalent of the Hawks losing Horford, if not more harmful.

• Premium Member

Bingo.