• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coach a winning playoff game on the road or you're gone.

mrhonline

Even if we manage to win this series, this is an indictment on Woodson as a terrible coach. Sure, Crawford has been straight garbage so far this playoffs, Bibby hasn't done much, and Joe single-handedly gave the game away to the Bucks in the 4th, but Woodson hasn't been on his game since Game 2.

I said before that Woodson is going to be coaching here next year regardless of what happens in the playoffs, but I never thought we'd actually be down in this series. Now that I'm experiencing this failure in reality, I don't see how he can survive losing this series. If he does I'm going to have a really hard time giving a dime to the Hawks next year.

• Premium Member

Even if we manage to win this series, this is an indictment on Woodson as a terrible coach.

Absolutely. He's been COMPLETELY out-coached by Skiles. Three straight losses to a team that simply cannot match the Hawks' talent inside.

I said before that Woodson is going to be coaching here next year regardless of what happens in the playoffs, but I never thought we'd actually be down in this series. Now that I'm experiencing this failure in reality, I don't see how he can survive losing this series. If he does I'm going to have a really hard time giving a dime to the Hawks next year.

I felt the same way...I thought hey, they might win 1 or 2...but not win 3 with a good chance to win the series! Even the staunchest Woody supporters have to feel that Woodson has been terribly outcoached while making few adjustments to what the Bucks have been doing all series long.

• Moderators

Absolutely. He's been COMPLETELY out-coached by Skiles. Three straight losses to a team that simply cannot match the Hawks' talent inside.

Agreed. Skiles adjusted and Woody has been left standing with his mouth open. My worst nightmares about his failure to develop a Plan B on offense, his failure to come up with significant variations on defense, his failure to develop Teague as a viable spot player when Bibby's lack of athleticism is crushing us...they are all coming to fruition. Just sickening. It is an extreme indictment of Woody.

Agreed. Skiles adjusted and Woody has been left standing with his mouth open. My worst nightmares about his failure to develop a Plan B on offense, his failure to come up with significant variations on defense, his failure to develop Teague as a viable spot player when Bibby's lack of athleticism is crushing us...they are all coming to fruition. Just sickening. It is an extreme indictment of Woody.

*waiting for northcyde to come in and defend his boy*

*waiting for northcyde to come in and defend his boy*

I'm not going to defend him . . . but I SURE IN THE HELL won't root against my favorite team, just to guarantee that the coach will be fired. That's straight BS in my eyes. And it still won't solve the problems with this team as a whole. A lot of you think a simple coaching move will solve the problem. Please. We have a roster/personnel issues that needs to be addressed, before this team moves to the next level.

- Decide if you want JJ to come back . . if no, who do you replace him with ( and don't say D-Wade, because we can't afford him )

- Decide who to keep between Horford and Smoove . . . because we need a decent center, so that one of these guys can flourish at PF

- Decide what to do with Marvin Williams . . trade him for scraps? trade him for a pure shooter or pure defender? keep him? what do you do?

- Decide what to do with Jamal Crawford . . . let him take over JJ's spot as lead shot creator, or keep him in a 6th man role, or trade him

- Decide on who to bring in to upgrade this horrible bench

You bring Phil Jackson to coach the Hawks as is, and we may look a little better offensively . . . but we're still going to have MAJOR ISSUES that keep us from reaching that elite level. Personnel issues. Even in Phil's case, he couldn't coach up the Lakers after Shaq left.

But once they acquired Pau Gasol . . . that team hasn't looked back since.

They had to balance the team out, mainly because they couldn't rely on Lamar Odom to consistently play at a star level ( and still can't )

I felt the same way...I thought hey, they might win 1 or 2...but not win 3 with a good chance to win the series! Even the staunchest Woody supporters have to feel that Woodson has been terribly outcoached while making few adjustments to what the Bucks have been doing all series long.

What makes it worse is to see Skiles make adjustments without a quality center to stop our inside game. Something Woody would never do. If we had Skiles we would have figured out how to slow down Dwight Howard by the second game against Orlando this year. We might not have beaten them, but we would have forced Howard out of his game.

• Like 1