• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coach a winning playoff game on the road or you're gone.

mrhonline

Other than the first game, Orlando has pretty much handled Milwaukee. That Magic team will probably destroy the Bucks, unless they go ice cold from the perimeter.

If Skiles was that good of a coach, he would've been able to get the Baby Bulls over the hump. He did a great job there, but they could only get to a certain level, because of personnel. The same will happen if they face the Magic.

Coaching is great . . but it can only get you so far. You DO need talent in this league.

• Moderators

I'm not going to defend him . . . but I SURE IN THE HELL won't root against my favorite team, just to guarantee that the coach will be fired.

Agreed. I think Woody should be gone regardless of outcome at this point and will be pulling for the Hawks every game until then.

And it still won't solve the problems with this team as a whole. A lot of you think a simple coaching move will solve the problem. Please. We have a roster/personnel issues that needs to be addressed, before this team moves to the next level.

- Decide if you want JJ to come back . . if no, who do you replace him with ( and don't say D-Wade, because we can't afford him )

If the owners will pay, I vote to try to retain JJ. If he is going to walk regardless, we get what we can in a S&T.

- Decide who to keep between Horford and Smoove . . . because we need a decent center, so that one of these guys can flourish at PF

I think Josh is flourishing at PF and like Horford at center. I would try to develop more movement, screens, etc. where these guys take advantage of their interior passing skills and play off one another against much less mobile interior players.

- Decide what to do with Marvin Williams . . trade him for scraps? trade him for a pure shooter or pure defender? keep him? what do you do?

I'd shop him but wouldn't trade him for scraps without a year under the new coach.

- Decide what to do with Jamal Crawford . . . let him take over JJ's spot as lead shot creator, or keep him in a 6th man role, or trade him

I like him in the 6th man role. I'd trade anyone in the right deal but wouldn't feel a need to deal him.

- Decide on who to bring in to upgrade this horrible bench

I don't have thoughts on that until this offseason. Hopefully we can bolster a bench that has been Crawford and Zaza (and Teague DNP-CD).

You bring Phil Jackson to coach the Hawks as is, and we may look a little better offensively . . . but we're still going to have MAJOR ISSUES that keep us from reaching that elite level. Personnel issues. Even in Phil's case, he couldn't coach up the Lakers after Shaq left.

I think we look a little better offensively in the post-season and significantly better defensively both in the post-season and regular season.

But once they acquired Pau Gasol . . . that team hasn't looked back since.

They had to balance the team out, mainly because they couldn't rely on Lamar Odom to consistently play at a star level ( and still can't )

No doubt. Having JJ, Crawford, Smith, and Horford gives us a better shot at making an addition like the Gasol deal that pushes us to the next level, IMO.

Agreed. I think Woody should be gone regardless of outcome at this point and will be pulling for the Hawks every game until then.

If the owners will pay, I vote to try to retain JJ. If he is going to walk regardless, we get what we can in a S&T.

I think Josh is flourishing at PF and like Horford at center. I would try to develop more movement, screens, etc. where these guys take advantage of their interior passing skills and play off one another against much less mobile interior players.

I'd shop him but wouldn't trade him for scraps without a year under the new coach.

I like him in the 6th man role. I'd trade anyone in the right deal but wouldn't feel a need to deal him.

I don't have thoughts on that until this offseason. Hopefully we can bolster a bench that has been Crawford and Zaza (and Teague DNP-CD).

I think we look a little better offensively in the post-season and significantly better defensively both in the post-season and regular season.

No doubt. Having JJ, Crawford, Smith, and Horford gives us a better shot at making an addition like the Gasol deal that pushes us to the next level, IMO.

What AHF seems to be saying is why tear something up just because it's not the best but it's still a h*ll of a product. In fairness, he's right. This is good product for the most part, it's fun to watch and we are very good. The problem is this thing called the salary cap which will not let us keep our players especially when Atlanta ownership is not making money. That's why I seriously doubt JJ will be back but there's still a chance he could.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Moderators

What AHF seems to be saying is why tear something up just because it's not the best but it's still a h*ll of a product. In fairness, he's right. This is good product for the most part, it's fun to watch and we are very good. The problem is this thing called the salary cap which will not let us keep our players especially when Atlanta ownership is not making money. That's why I seriously doubt JJ will be back but there's still a chance he could.

If they aren't willing to pay - and that is very possible despite Crawford's salary dropping off after next year - then we have major issues to sort through - no doubt.