• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

hawks vs magic series

gsuteke

So what are everyone's feelings on how we match up against orlando?

I believe we'll be on the other end of the front line advantage we had over the bucks today in a major way.

Pair that with jameer nelson.

How can we beat the magic outside of pure luck?

Okay one of the few match up problems we give them is Jamal vs. Nelson. JC has 6+ inches on him and they should post up Jameer to force help and initiate the offense. Everything else looks like a wash with of course the exception of DH vs. AH.

Side note: was it me or did Collins lose some weight. His mid range game looks strong too, gonna need him against Howard without question.

well we have a breif receipe on how to beat them, of course they need to have an off shooting night i allways thought if we could just shade dwight on the offensive end when our players go to the basket would work but then again something that worked the last time we played is have horford make10 footers to bring him from out under the basket and we have to get off our azzes to haras their 3 pt, shooters.

Ryan Anderson is gonna kill the Hawks.

That sob always gives us fits.

I honestly feel good about playng the magic. we need to use some of those same strategies we used in that last game and keep playing hard. I feel this series made us stronger cause we had odds to overcome. I dont want to get ahead of myself but the magic just wasnt outstanding like I expected in the 1st series but that could have been the bobcats great defense. We need to focus on 1 game at a time and really think about stealing game 1 or 2. We have to get a round win and it doesnt need to be a game 7 when we get it cause odds will definitely be against us along with the refs so I say still one early while we can and we will have a true chance of coming out on top.

I had never heard of ryan anderson until he dropped 20 on the hawks.

I think we need big scoring games out of joe and jamal like we've never seen - 50+ between the two.

Then we need to pick up some cheap fouls against d howard. You reading this marvin?

Smoove needs to back up bibby and jamal in the paint on nelson like he did today.

Having done all that - you've still got orlando's 3 point shooting to deal with.

WWHBD?

What would hubie brown do?

well we have a breif receipe on how to beat them, of course they need to have an off shooting night i allways thought if we could just shade dwight on the offensive end when our players go to the basket would work but then again something that worked the last time we played is have horford make10 footers to bring him from out under the basket and we have to get off our azzes to haras their 3 pt, shooters.

Exactly. Majority of offensive possessions have to go through Al. Woody needs to throw Collins at Howard early to send Dwight to the free throw line. Too bad you can't do both things at the same time. Box out to not let second chance opportunities. JJ needs to step up at offensive end.

The first half of the Thanksgiving game we blew the Magic out. And then, they destroyed us in the second half and ended up blowing us out in the game.

If we could figure out what we were doing right for that first half, then we have a shot. I think Ilyasova was a good preparation for Lewis and Anderson, obviously they are way better than him but still. I'm excited to get this started, we need to come out strong against Orlando and try to steal one there in the first 2 games.

The first half of the Thanksgiving game we blew the Magic out. And then, they destroyed us in the second half and ended up blowing us out in the game.

If we could figure out what we were doing right for that first half, then we have a shot. I think Ilyasova was a good preparation for Lewis and Anderson, obviously they are way better than him but still. I'm excited to get this started, we need to come out strong against Orlando and try to steal one there in the first 2 games.

Lewis is trash who's had a Bibbysian type season. Anderson defense is awful his offense is really good.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

I believe we'll be on the other end of the front line advantage we had over the bucks today in a major way.

I think we can win, but we have to stop Jameer Nelson.

So the real question is Jameer Nelson vs. Brandon Jennings.

I think Nelson is the better shooter, but Jennings is the more aggressive player.

Nelson is bigger.

Bibby vs. Nelson will probably be what determines the series...

Yeah... That's it.

Bibby vs. Nelson.

They don't have a bench.

I think we're better than them at every position except C and Sf.

It will be a good series... IF the Hawks team that scraps shows up (which I'm expecting) we will be in the ECF playing Boston.

• Premium Member

So much focus is on Dwight Howard. I think concerning about him offensively is overrated. I think we should just let him go 1 on 1 and try to stop the 3 point shooters.

I know Woodson isn't down with that philsophy but to me it makes more sense.

I don't think Woody will double Howard in the post.

I think that's one of the reasons that we have a shot.

What I'm afraid of is Van Gundy dailing in the matchup he wants in the switching defense that Woody uses.

Nelson is a better shooter than Jennings and Carter is a better shooter than Salmons and Lewis is a better shooter than Delfino.

Smoove is going to have to dominant his matchup.

Diesel if Bibby vs Jameer is the key I think we're up poop creek.

I just honestly seeing them going to the low post time after time. The Hawks have a 6'9" lineup and that was too much for the Bucks. The Magic have a 6'11" lineup and they know what to do with it in the post.

In a 7 game series, it'll be up to JJ and Jamal to carry us through the Bucks. It's unfair to expect the frontline to put up the numbers against the Magic's frontline, that they did against the Bucks' frontline. So it's up to our guards to really be consistent scoring the basketball.

What our frontline needs to try to do, is rebound the basketball and defend in the paint. Smoove vs Rashard Lewis will be a critical matchup, because both players are so different. Smoove at least has to play Rashard to a draw, if not beat him, for us to have a shot.

I just want to see what happens if both JJ and Jamal are on, and they both go for 25+ points.

X-Factor is always Marvin. If he steps up . . it'll get VERY INTERESTING.

Our biggest hope is rusty shooters in game 1 from the long layoff. If we're going to steal one, it needs to be game 1. We have to execute on defence and fight thru screens like we did in the last two games.

Orlando will win 4-1.

They might not take the hawks as seriously since the Bucks nearly beat them and we saw how the regular season played out. If that happens, the Hawks MIGHT get 2 games... But no more.