• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Series MVP

Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

Tough series, the Bucks came to play and we gave away a game 5 which was in the bag. Non the less, the Hawks came back and showed some mettle by going into a hostile environment, pulling out a victory and then crushing the Bucks in game 7. It was an inconsistent series for most of our stars but overall I think Horf is the guy who was the big difference for us on defense and on the boards, while providing consistent offense throughout. Thoughts?

Co-MVP- Bibby and Horford. Bibby earned my respect again.

The problem with these discussions is half of the board has a favorite player and the other half thinks if joe scores the most points he's gotta be the most valuable by default.

I think the most important player in this series was andrew bogut.

I also think bibby stepped his game up over the regular season and joe played a lot better this series than he did last year come playoff time.

I think horford is clearly our most valuable player, however he, smmove, and joe are very close but all for different reasons.

I pray that crawford got the yips out of his system because he's crucial to the hawks success. He was clearly playing nervous games 1 through 5

• Like 1

Scott Skiles.

Jennings as well for the Bucks

No one player gets it, because quite frankly everyone had a bad game here and there.. It was a total team effort..

I kind of agree with this.

JJ was great for the first 4 games, but his shooting fell off big time the final 3 games of the series.

Smoove started strong, struggled, but finished strong.

Horford started strong, fizzled in Milwaukke, but finished strong at the end.

Crawford started slow, but came on in the final 2 games.

Hard to give it to any one person on this team. LOL . . so I'll give it to Woody, for finally making the correct adjustment to win Games 6 and 7. And he wasn't about to let that team just roll over and die.

I would say co mvp's...Horford and Crawford, with Bibby a close 3rd. Awesome win Hawks fans....I love this team and I hope we can take Orlando out. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Al easily, Jamal second for relieving the pressure off of himself and putting up his usual 20+ for the last two.

Jamal second? are you serious? going into todays game he was averaging 15 shooting 36%.

Edited by exodus

In my mind , what was different was better ball movement , and sharing the ball . They had more energy on defense , and stopped being crybabies on every call.

The biggest problem I have with the Hawks is that during the regular season our starters played a lot of minutes and our bench basically , other than Crawford and ZaZa , and Evans , didnt see the floor . Kind of hard to have a bench that can come in and give you a spark if they aren't prepared during the season. I would like to see us play Howard kind of like Charlotte did , running the bigs at him and getting extremely physical with him , but who knows if Collins or Joe Smith are mentally ready for that ( We all know ZaZa is always ready for a scrap . )

Joe Johnson was rarely the MVP of any single game this whole season. The entire NBA world is right. Joe Johnson is not important because he's not.

What NBA world are you talking about? The NBA coaches voted JJ 4 straight All-Star games. The NBA players voted him as the most underrated player in the league.

The NBA world is far different from that bizzarro world between your ears. JJ was the Hawks leading scorer and also led the team in assists (by a wide margin) against the Bucks.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

He took the most shots and used the most possessions, so he should have led them in points and assists.

Joe was terrible overall in this series offensively, but he should be lauded for his defensive effort, which was stellar.

Joe Johnson was rarely the MVP of any single game this whole season. The entire NBA world is right. Joe Johnson is not important because he's not.

This is how good JJ is:

He's seen as NOT being the MVP of the series, despite

- scoring 20.9 ppg ( team high )

- grabbing 5.4 rebs

- dishing out 5.7 assists ( team high )

- shooting 42% FG

- shooting 87% FT

- and shutting down Salmons the last 2 games

That's how good the dude is. The low shooting percentage is really the ONLY thing that kept him from being the MVP. But he still didn't let other aspects of his game suffer. His defense on Salmons in the past two wins, will be the one thing that will be overlooked.

Edited by northcyde