• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Expect more hate from the national media and Sekou Snitch

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Brace yourselves hawks fans because it's about to get 10 times worse. Don't be surprised when you hear/read stories about Hawks players not saying good morning to each other and not saying 'bless you' after a sneeze. Expect a daily dose of hate from the former awful MNF announcer dude and his Mr. Potato Head looking sidekick.

Oh I forgot to mention the hawks #1 fan Kenny Smith from TNT.

:help wanted3:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Sekou is a great writer and speaks the truth.

he wasn't 'speaking the truth' when he was working for the AJC. One thing Sekou did that caught me off guard was the whole 'no one came to Jamal's ceremony' thing. I wounder if he would have dropped that dime if the Hawks won game 5. He's an opportunist. The man thought Woody and Joe were weak so he decided to deliver the knock out blow. Fail!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

he wasn't 'speaking the truth' when he was working for the AJC. One thing Sekou did that caught me off guard was the whole 'no one came to Jamal's ceremony' thing. I wounder if he would have dropped that dime if the Hawks won game 5. He's an opportunist. The man thought Woody and Joe were weak so he decided to deliver the knock out blow. Fail!

I think you are wrong. He was doing nothing but showing some hard love. You can tell when he was on 790 the zone it was hurting him to call them out like that but sometimes it takes that to make some ppl see where they are going.

We all know the Hawks players can play better then what they had been showing. No one would hold them accountable. You look at what Pop did when the Spurs were playing like itsh!

No one would do that to the Hawks. Everyone keep acting like it was ok. It was not ok.

When I'm watching TNT and they have on the Hawks.... You can see it even in their eyes. They know we can play better. They know we are much better then what we show sometimes. I look at Chuck sometimes and he looks like watching us drains him because it kills him to see us F-Up on simple plays.

I can see if the remarks that Sekou said came from someone who doesn't know our team. He is a Hawks Fan. There is no way he wanted to hurt this team but this world needs to realize THE TRUTH HURTS TOO!

Bravo to him for steppin up to do what most didn't have the guts to :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Being a sportswriter requires opportunism. 90% of the day to day coverage of sports is dull and irrelevant. So when there is a hot topic, the must try to "cash in" to get ratings/recognition/etc.

Now, regarding the "love" or lack thereof that the media has shown towards the haws, I'll say this:

- Nothing I have ever heard by any sportswriter, journalist or radio personality regarding the hawks comes even close to the negativity displayed by most hawks fans who called in to 680 and 790 this week. And I say this as an "outsider," a non-Hawks fan.

I have the opportunity to drop Sekou a line and he responds to me 100% of the time.

I thought he has been a great friend to HS over the past year or so and there is some stuff he will say via email that I haven't put out there because I respect the fact that he hooked me up with the people that made HS Night possible at Phillips. I had to do some leg work but in the end Sekou gave me the contacts to make half price tickets happen for us.

That isn't the half of it. If I lived in Atlanta Sekou's contacts would be gold to me.

I think he has treated the Hawks with kid gloves to this point. There are some many knuckleheaded things that go on with this team - why shoot the friggin messenger way on down the road?

Sekou never struck me as a 'shock' guy, he said what he felt. What if his comments were a small part of what made Woody finally switch up the defense for game 6 (of course not saying his comments alone- but along w/ others that were similar)? I'd rather know that he can give it to you straight w/ a HINT of optimism rather than a 100% pom-pom waiver... lol

I have the opportunity to drop Sekou a line and he responds to me 100% of the time.

I thought he has been a great friend to HS over the past year or so and there is some stuff he will say via email that I haven't put out there because I respect the fact that he hooked me up with the people that made HS Night possible at Phillips. I had to do some leg work but in the end Sekou gave me the contacts to make half price tickets happen for us.

That isn't the half of it. If I lived in Atlanta Sekou's contacts would be gold to me.

I think he has treated the Hawks with kid gloves to this point. There are some many knuckleheaded things that go on with this team - why shoot the friggin messenger way on down the road?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sekoum is a straight shooter, top shelf guy without a doubt.

LOL @ Sekou Snitch.

You saw right though dude, huh?

I agree that the whole "only Zaza and Morris showed up to Crawford's 6 Man of the Year award presentation", was a snitch move. He thought, like a lot of people, that the end of the Hawks was imminent. That, and other comments, had this fan base at odds over who was at fault, if these guys really liked each other, and if we should just blow the whole thing up and start with only a few pieces.

I think he's a decent writer. And that interview he gave was a good one. But I think you calling that "nugget" he dropped as a "snitch move", is the right description.

I agreed with everything Sekou said in his interview on 790. You cant argue the truth.

It may be the truth, but that's usually something that you hear AFTER a person leaves, or the team is broken up.

Fact is, 70% of the people who follow the Hawks, and 95% of the people who don't, thought that this team would roll over and die for Game 6. If we were up 3 - 2 in the series, I doubt Sekou even speaks on that at all. So I agree with Nine on that aspect.

Sekou is a great writer and speaks the truth.

I agree he has good knowledge about the hawks! But there will be media against us but hey prepare we already know its going to happen. all we need to worry about is our players and fans staying togeather as a team thats the only way to defeat the odds of others. Like JJ said "we are like family! We are brothers!" Go Hawks!

What are we even talking about here? Saying that only Zaza and Morris showed up for Jamal's presentation was a "snitch move"? Who exactly is going to prison over this? What "cred" is being lost over this? Did the rest of the Hawks say "Hey man, don't tell anyone about this, but I'ma skip Jamal's 6th man of year presentation"?