• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How good would we be with a player that is worth a max contract?

HawkWeisErrr

If your talking about a superstar, we would be every good but we will still need a real center.

• Premium Member

JJ is worth a Max deal. Unfortunately he has not been able to prove that yet. I still have faith he will but my faith is starting to wean.

Yea... Sign Wade and find out.

I bet we'd be pretty darn good with Wade and a bit of an upgrade at center.

The thing I like about Wade is his passing. Sometimes I don't know if Joe just doesn't pass of his own accord or if he's told not to.

The thing I don't like about Wade is how he draws fouls... but I wouldn't complain if he was doing it for my team. :biggrin:

• Premium Member

I bet we'd be pretty darn good with Wade and a bit of an upgrade at center.

The thing I like about Wade is his passing. Sometimes I don't know if Joe just doesn't pass of his own accord or if he's told not to.

The thing I don't like about Wade is how he draws fouls... but I wouldn't complain if he was doing it for my team. :biggrin:

If given a choice between Rondo and Joe I'm taking Rondo 10 times out of 10. Not trying to slight Joe but Rondo is the type of PG that could turn Marvin, Al, and Josh into HOFers.

fixed

Jesus himself couldn't get Marvin to do right.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

You know we can't resign Wade or any other FA near the max b/c we don't have room under the salary cap to do so. That means its against the NBA rules.

We can only go over the cap to retain our own free agents. That is why we can only offer JJ a max deal but not Wade, James, Bosh, etc.

Heres your sign !

If given a choice between Rondo and Joe I'm taking Rondo 10 times out of 10. Not trying to slight Joe but Rondo is the type of PG that could turn Marvin, Al, and Josh into HOFers.

Totally agree that Rondo is perfect for this team.

Perhaps D. Collison could get us playing team ball with the right coach ? Plus he is a sold defender.

How good would we be if we could sign Lebron for the MLE? That is about all we will be able to spend this summer on someone else's FA so the whole topic is nonsense. We can't bring in a max player from another team without a trade.

Of course i am sure this is all way over the OP's head.

Totally agree that Rondo is perfect for this team.

Perhaps D. Collison could get us playing team ball with the right coach ? Plus he is a sold defender.

I mentioned in a thread last week how sick I am that the Hawks took Teague at #19 and the Hornets got Collison at #21. No disrespect meant to Teague but this team would be ridiculous with DC at the point. During the 25 games he started while CP3 was out Collison averaged 18.6pts 8.6assist, 3.8reb and 1.8stls. Getting that kind of production forom the PG position would make ATL unstoppable bibby doesn't even give us half of that. It would make Joe much more dangerous not having to serve as the primary ballhandler and playmaker. He would be far more dangerous. We could dream. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. Maybe the Hornets are willing to move Collison now CP3 is back? I would trade my draft picks and whatever else they wanted for DC lol.

I mentioned in a thread last week how sick I am that the Hawks took Teague at #19 and the Hornets got Collison at #21. No disrespect meant to Teague but this team would be ridiculous with DC at the point. During the 25 games he started while CP3 was out Collison averaged 18.6pts 8.6assist, 3.8reb and 1.8stls. Getting that kind of production forom the PG position would make ATL unstoppable bibby doesn't even give us half of that. It would make Joe much more dangerous not having to serve as the primary ballhandler and playmaker. He would be far more dangerous. We could dream. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. Maybe the Hornets are willing to move Collison now CP3 is back? I would trade my draft picks and whatever else they wanted for DC lol.

Collison wouldn't have gotten any playing time under Woody. We'd still be wondering if he could play.

JJ is worth a Max deal. Unfortunately he has not been able to prove that yet. I still have faith he will but my faith is starting to wean.

Maybe in Europe. In the NBA max deals go to players like lebron, kobe, wade, melo, paul.... Joe is not in that elite class buddy