• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith, 2nd Team All NBA Defense

Joker

Methinks he was referring to jsmoovefan.

LOL, my bad. :white flag:

I agree with the coaches, he's great but his overall impact on defense as of now isn't on Wallace's level. Kobe the best defensive SG, Bron without question is at SF, and Wallace is a SF but his defensive impact is higher than Smith's for now. For Smith to be a perennial 1st teamer. He needs to play next to a true center or a Sheed type(Det) type of PF. Has the size to defend centers is what I'm saying.

Total bullsh*t.

Smoove is a 6'9 PF with 167 blocks and 128 frickin steals! If gettin over 100 in both of those categories was easy, somebody else would do it. Plus, Smoove has more defensive rebounds. lol

I guarantee you this: if the media hadn't decide to go ape s*** over Lebron's chase down blocks this year (something Smoove mastered as a rookie), he would be no where near 1st team D.

And, oh yeah, he was runner up in DPOY voting.

Total bullsh*t.

Edited by swolehawk2

LeBron, Gerald, and Josh all have pros and cons over each other, so the topic is very debatable, but I wouldn't. I think most people in the know about all three players (a true NBA fanatic who is not a Bobcats fan but watches a lot of Bobcat games on League Pass) would give Josh the considerable nod. True, Josh finishing second in DPOY voting but not making the first team is quite laughable, but Stern could care less: this is a guy who would've defended Yi as an All-Star. Oh well, coaches, writers, players, etc hate Josh, so that may play a little into him being shafted in All-Star nods, Defensive Teams, recognition, etc. ESPN builds this silly caricature of him that suggests he does nothing but block shots, dunk, and mouth off, when he changes more shots leading to misses than most centers not named Dwight Howard.

Anyway, congrats to Josh.

• Premium Member

You seriously do not think Bron isn't the defender that Smith is? Off the ball D, he the best we have in the L. On ball D is elite when he's not trying to conserve energy. He's just like Smoove with blocks except doesn't go for that many attempts and is better open court. Better rebounder. Amazing per on defense as well. I just don't know what your trying to say. Is Smith individually better defensively given the right setup, yes. But with Horford, that will not happen and teams around the league do not see him like other fans and hawksquawkers see him. I don't see how you say he's better than Wallace as well, that's a player I rated second on the best defenders in the NBA list.

Lebron's defense is almost as overrated as Kobe's. I wouldn't even put Lebron in the top 20 for defensive small forwards in the NBA. Whereas Josh Smith is hands down the best defensive power forward in the NBA.

Gerlad Wallace and Le.....ytch James over him is a complete joke. both are overrated.. Especially LeBrick

wow gerald wallace over smoove is not a complete joke but i do agree Le.........ytch James was like you said. G.W. gets his props though he defends very well on the perimeter and can play in the post at times as well as attacking the glass at every opportuninty!

• Moderators

Lebron's defense is almost as overrated as Kobe's. I wouldn't even put Lebron in the top 20 for defensive small forwards in the NBA. Whereas Josh Smith is hands down the best defensive power forward in the NBA.

I don't agree that Lebron isn't in the top 20, but if his offense was like Bruce Bowen's he would have less defensive cache than someone like Tayshaun Prince, IMO.