• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We have the talent to be an Elite team people!

Wurider05

I agree that the threads calling for us to blow things up aren't sensible. But in full disclosure, I am not quite sure we have the talent to be elite--especially when we get so little from 40% of our starting unit (Marv and Bibby), and we get nothing from our bench sans Crawford. Horford gets overmatched by good Centers, Smoove can be Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde in the SAME game, and Joe is only getting older. Our offense is too SG-oriented, while our defense is made almost entirely of switching. Add to that the current ownership's misgivings about going over the salary cap to sign better players (especially for our bench), and you have problems. The unfortunate reality is that hiring a better coach can solve some of these problems...but not nearly enough of them.

I agree that the threads calling for us to blow things up aren't sensible. But in full disclosure, I am not quite sure we have the talent to be elite--especially when we get so little from 40% of our starting unit (Marv and Bibby), and we get nothing from our bench sans Crawford. Horford gets overmatched by good Centers, Smoove can be Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde in the SAME game, and Joe is only getting older. Our offense is too SG-oriented, while our defense is made almost entirely of switching. Add to that the current ownership's misgivings about going over the salary cap to sign better players (especially for our bench), and you have problems. The unfortunate reality is that hiring a better coach can solve some of these problems...but not nearly enough of them.

Most of what you said can be fixed with a new coach.

We still have Marvin, Bibby, Horford being overmatched against decent Centers...a new coach can't really fix that without the GM shaking up the personnel.

while this is true a majority of our losses didn't come from this

they come from having no offensive sets

making no adjustments defensively when we are getting killed by quick PGs

and crashing in the 4th Q because we decide to just jack up jump shots

we were good enough to win 53 games on talent alone

what this team has is a mental problem not rly a personnel problem minus 1 or 2 key players

• Premium Member

We need the right coach to harness our talent. So all these threads about blowing things up are stupid. Yes our guys have some flaws but we have talent. That is all I have to say about that!!

this could be a championship level team with the right PG and HC.