Who needs to stay who needs to be traded and who deserves to be released.

MVP23

• Premium Member

The problem is that it will be difficult to move the ones that deserve to be traded.

*Joe Johnson MUST be moved in a S&T and I seriously hope Bibby can be attached to him.

*I have mixed feelings on Marvin with a new coach, but I do think he should go if someone will take him.

*Mo Evans, if he opts in, should be moved to a contender

Zaza, for a big man off the bench, has a fair salary. I'd keep him, Crawford, Horford, Smith, and Teague. You add to that group via trades and the draft.

Keep:

Al

Crawford

Teague

Marvin*

Randolph*

West

Let Go:

Joe

Bibby

Smoove

Joe Smith

Collins

Evans

I would keep Marvin and Randolph because I feel in the right system they both can be big. Randolph in my mind just needs playing time. From what Ive seen, Randolph has the tools to be successful on offense

And I would trade Smoove for a center. Lets face it athletisicm will not win you games in the playoffs. Trade Smith and get a center who can play some defense and move Horford to the four. Trust me you will not win a championship by out=athleticing the other team

• Premium Member

Keep:

Al

Crawford

Teague

Marvin*

Randolph*

West

Let Go:

Joe

Bibby

Smoove

Joe Smith

Collins

Evans

Al

Crawford

Teague

Marvin*

Randolph*

fixed

Build around Mario West Sund!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

The problem is that it will be difficult to move the ones that deserve to be traded.

*Joe Johnson MUST be moved in a S&T and I seriously hope Bibby can be attached to him.

*I have mixed feelings on Marvin with a new coach, but I do think he should go if someone will take him.

*Mo Evans, if he opts in, should be moved to a contender

Zaza, for a big man off the bench, has a fair salary. I'd keep him, Crawford, Horford, Smith, and Teague. You add to that group via trades and the draft.

This is a good way to go.

Keep:

Al

Crawford

Teague

Marvin*

Randolph*

West

Let Go:

Joe

Bibby

Smoove

Joe Smith

Collins

Evans

I would keep Marvin and Randolph because I feel in the right system they both can be big. Randolph in my mind just needs playing time. From what Ive seen, Randolph has the tools to be successful on offense

And I would trade Smoove for a center. Lets face it athletisicm will not win you games in the playoffs. Trade Smith and get a center who can play some defense and move Horford to the four. Trust me you will not win a championship by out=athleticing the other team

i have defended keeping smotth but after looking at some of his lack of hustle plays i say trade himto the suns to see if you can get brian lopez for him. but we must get a good not great center for him, and joe jonson i was at least saying give him17 mil. a yr. for saying thankyou but i get sick in my stomach even giving him 15 after this i might give him 15 and 3 yrs. i couldntgive him four or five yrs. at that price, jamal has carried the team in most of the games.

m for asking New Orleans for Darren Collision..to make it work I think we would have to take the contract of Oakafor ..(which im not thrilled abaout ) but least he can play C for us

we send them Josh Smith and Marvin Williams.. its basically bad contracts for one bad contract and promising young pg

PG Darren Collision

SG Jammal Crawford

SF Jordan Crawford( draft this kid either move up and package picks)

PF Al Horford

C Emeka Okafor.

Now that line up isnt much to thrive at we would probably be on the bubble of making playoffs next year but it's not really that big of a deal ..Were not going to win a championship with our current squad regardless so why not clean house and rebuild

By 10/11' off season we try and make a run at Carmelo Anthony ...with cap coming off the books like Crawford

Why would Carmelo come to Atlanta .??????

well with Collision/Horford/Jordan Crawford..thats a nice young nucleus add Carmelo puts as contender

Carmelo has his record label here

we will have cap

his wife is friends with alot of Atlanta People and loves the city

2011 Atlanta Hawks roster

PG Darren Collision

SG Jordan Crawford

SF Carmelo Anthony

PF Al Horford

C Oakfor

• Premium Member

When we're of a clearer mind.

I think we will come to the understanding that Woody needs to go.. and take Mo Evans with you.

Bibby is a fine BU.

Marvin will be a BU (wish we could trade you but we can't).

We should lowball Joe 6 years 80 Million. (Flat) Who is going to give you 13.3 Million in 6 years?

• Premium Member

When we're of a clearer mind.

I think we will come to the understanding that Woody needs to go.. and take Mo Evans with you.

Bibby is a fine BU.

Marvin will be a BU (wish we could trade you but we can't).

We should lowball Joe 6 years 80 Million. (Flat) Who is going to give you 13.3 Million in 6 years?

Dump Woody, Keep Joe at < $15M, get a PG and a coach that can develop a PG and I'm all in.

• Premium Member

looks like we're all on the Darren Collision bandwagon. Bring em home Sund!

• Premium Member

looks like we're all on the Darren Collision bandwagon. Bring em home Sund!

The truth is that Collison will not be traded.

CP3 will be traded before Collison will.

Here's the deal, CP3 is making )))))))))))))))))Million.

Why trade the cheaper guy who is just as good? It doesn't make good business sense. It makes more sense to get rid of some of those bad contracts and trade the oft injured CP3 in the process and hold on to Collison.

IF there is a CP3 camp, put me in.

• Premium Member

The truth is that Collison will not be traded.

CP3 will be traded before Collison will.

Here's the deal, CP3 is making )))))))))))))))))Million.

Why trade the cheaper guy who is just as good? It doesn't make good business sense. It makes more sense to get rid of some of those bad contracts and trade the oft injured CP3 in the process and hold on to Collison.

IF there is a CP3 camp, put me in.

either guy would make me a happy Hawks fan

Just my two cents:

First, someone must convince Mo Evans that he is better off opting out. That 2.6M could be used to land someone far more productive. I let Joe Smith, Collins, and all the expirings walk. I resign Joe Johnson. He is making 14.9M now. I offer 5yr/78M (a slight raise to 15.6M) which is not as much of a cap strapper. I offer Kurt Thomas a one year contract. I offer Chuck Hayes a two year contract at 2M. Then:

1) If Mo doesn't opt out, I would try to trade Crawford (expiring 10M contract) and Mo Evans (expiring 2.6M) to New Orleans for Chris Paul (13M).

or

PG: C.Paul

SG: J.Johnson

SF: Marvin WIlliams

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Jeff Teague

Mike Bibby

Chuck Hayes

Zaza Pachula

Michael Finley/Jerry Stackhouse etc.

*Draft scoring guard

2) SnT with Memphis: Rudy Gay (offer Marvin's price of 4yr/28M) for Marvin Williams + Draft pick(s)

PG: Jeff Teague

SG: J.Johnson

SF: R. Gay

PF: Josh SMith

C: Al Horford

J.Crawford

M.Bibby

Zaza

Kurt Thomas

Chuck Hayes

Mo Evans

I have tried to think of some scenarios to vastly improve this team without starting over. It will be interesting to see what happens this summer. we either make some moves to become a contender or start over from scratch and fight for the playoffs. I think added a very good veteran PG could be huge for the now and future in helping develop Teague. I know the Spurs are looking to move the oft-injured Tony Parker who is only 27years old. At the least we need to secure a PG and add a true Center such as Brendan Haywood who should come cheaper than what he made this season (6M). If Matt Barnes and Mo Evans both opt out, I would offer Barnes what we pay Evans in a heart beat. I don't know but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

• Moderators

Whether Woody stays or goes, the following MUST be gone. Preferably by sundown Tuesday.

Larry Drew

Bob Bender

Jim Todd

Tyrone Hill

Mark Price

Together, they've proven helplessly incapable of developing young players, motivating any players, cultivating an offensive scheme that involves a modicum of intelligence, or helping their boss adjust their defensive approach mid-game, or mid-series, when "the **** doesn't work."

~lw3