• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson could care less about us

GameTime

when it comes to discussing joe johnson GM,s have got to be pulling moneybags off the table and putting them back in the vault and saying "NO I JUST CANT DO IT"!!!!!!!

Something tells me he may be wishing he signed that 4 year $60 mill extension.

There is not a GM in their right mind that can warrant giving this guy any more then that after these playoffs.

What a complete joke. This guy can kiss the entire city of atlantas *ss..... Go choke else whereypu overpaid non leader bum!!!!

I understand where he is coming from. The discount between the city and franchise is obvious. Still, his heartless play sure hasn't inspired anyone to come out and see him play.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I understand where he is coming from. The discount between the city and franchise is obvious. Still, his heartless play sure hasn't inspired anyone to come out and see him play.

I think that's the first +1 I've given you. :cant believe:

• Premium Member

I cant link to the article on this phone can someone post it pretty please?

Quick cut up

That doesn’t bother me, and I hope it doesn’t bother anyone in this locker room It’s about us in this locker room. We could care less if [fans] showed up.

It’s terrible to have a performance like that, especially individuals, [including] myself. These guys look to me for guidance, and when you are playing like that,

it is almost impossible for us to win. I take a lot of heat for this, a lot of criticism.

It’s nothing new I’ve been through this before a few years ago. It is what it is. I’m still under contract until the end of June,

and I’ve still got work to do. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else, but it is what it is. I am sure we will sit down at the end of the season and talk about

a contract. I’ve got a two-year deal, and I’ve proudly honored it We’ve had a wonderful season. There are a lot of teams still watching us.

We control our own destiny with these next two games at home.

I'm still cashing dem checks b***es
Edited by NineOhTheRino

Oh wow thanks. You would really need the audio to see what context he said it in but for someone that has played like garbage the last two weeks he should really stfu.

His play showed he doesn't deserve max money and we'd be dumb to give it to him. HIs statement shows he isn't worth having back even at less money. I assumed his being quiet was just not being a leader. Now I wonder how much of a bad attitude he spreads to other players in the locker room.

I don't want to see us do another break up the team fiasco like in 97/98. But I'm ready for Woody and Joe to hit the road. It will set us back for a year, but if we bring in a good coach we can move forward the year afterwards. And maybe Josh and Marvin will learn to play to their potential with the right guidance.

His play showed he doesn't deserve max money and we'd be dumb to give it to him. HIs statement shows he isn't worth having back even at less money. I assumed his being quiet was just not being a leader. Now I wonder how much of a bad attitude he spreads to other players in the locker room.

I don't want to see us do another break up the team fiasco like in 97/98. But I'm ready for Woody and Joe to hit the road. It will set us back for a year, but if we bring in a good coach we can move forward the year afterwards. And maybe Josh and Marvin will learn to play to their potential with the right guidance.

Joe is a quite leader who leads by example...... What a piss poor time for him to stand up say something...

When I read those statements, I don't think of it as some big bad idictment on how JJ feels about the fans. I am willing to bet you could have asked anyone in that lockerroom the same question and got a similar response in so many words. These guys just got embarrassed for the 3rd time in a row and booed off of their "home"court. I am sure Smoove would have said the same thing. If I was in their shoes, fans would be the last thing on my mind also. I would be more worried about how to win game 4 and not suffer another embarrassing loss.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

When I read those statements, I don't think of it as some big bad idictment on how JJ feels about the fans. I am willing to bet you could have asked anyone in that lockerroom the same question and got a similar response in so many words. These guys just got embarrassed for the 3rd time in a row and booed off of their "home'court. I am sure sSmoove would have said the same thing. If I was in their shows, fans would be the last thing on my mind also. I would be more worried about how to win game 4 and not be booed off the court after another embarrassing loss.

You think they haven't been frustrated by the empty seats throughout the years? C'mon. You can't really believe this is some "in th heat of the moment" thing.

did Joe Johnson see Miami Heats crowd :question: and Wade even brought them a ring lol

Joe Johnson could go play in Madison Square Garden next year and when he plays like this in the PLAYOFFS his face will be on the front cover of every paper in NY CALLING HIM A WASTE OF LIFE..

Go ahead Joe you wore out your welcome.. Im glad you didnt dot your name on that line for that contract ext

• Premium Member

You think they haven't been frustrated by the empty seats throughout the years? C'mon. You can't really believe this is some "in th heat of the moment" thing.

I think it was both. Atlanta fans do suck, but I think JJ wouldn't have said this type of thing except after an embarassment like this.

I think it was both. Atlanta fans do suck, but I think JJ wouldn't have said this type of thing except after an embarassment like this.

Pretty much. I am sure the other players would have said the same thing. I don't think this is JJ being cynical.

I've lived far away from Atlanta for the past 14 years but will always be an Atlanta fan. So living in Chicago I obviously don't go to the games.

But I get really sick of constantly hearing in the Atlanta and national press how Atlanta has lousy fans. Don't the Hawks average over 16,000 fans a game? So those 16,000 people who lay out their hard earned money are worthless? They don't count for anything, they get lumped in as not supporting the team even though they spend tons of money coming to hawks games? What a crock. Just a bunch of whining babies. We don't have an extra 8,000 in the stands so we aren't even gonna try to win. BS!