• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson could care less about us

GameTime

• Premium Member

I've lived far away from Atlanta for the past 14 years but will always be an Atlanta fan. So living in Chicago I obviously don't go to the games.

But I get really sick of constantly hearing in the Atlanta and national press how Atlanta has lousy fans. Don't the Hawks average over 16,000 fans a game? So those 16,000 people who lay out their hard earned money are worthless? They don't count for anything, they get lumped in as not supporting the team even though they spend tons of money coming to hawks games? What a crock. Just a bunch of whining babies. We don't have an extra 8,000 in the stands so we aren't even gonna try to win. BS!

Worse teams from smaller cities outdraw the Hawks. Always have. Nothing but respect for the fans that do show up, but they are clearly the exception, not the rule.

Worse teams from smaller cities outdraw the Hawks. Always have. Nothing but respect for the fans that do show up, but they are clearly the exception, not the rule.

And having the Atlanta press for the last 30 years tell metro Atlantans that they suck as fans, makes people want to go the games how?

What's funny to me is the same people that are criticized sell out and travel well for the UGA football team, fill high school football stadiums and basketball gyms constantly. So I don't really think it's the fans.

Goodbye Joe. Take your non expression face and no heart play to another city. We have tired of watching you ball hog and dribble the ball off your legs. You can't even take your man to the hoop strong even though you are bigger than most of the guys that are guarding you. You aren't a superstar, you aren't a leader and now you are crapping on the fans that pay to watch you play with no emotion and heart. At least Jamal seems grateful to be playing and seems to care about what he's doing.

Edited by JackB1
  • Like 1

You think they haven't been frustrated by the empty seats throughout the years? C'mon. You can't really believe this is some "in th heat of the moment" thing.

I gotta agree with you. The empty seats . . . and fans from other teams coming into Philips and cheering en masse for the other team, instead of the Hawks.

This is the absolute worse case scenario that's playing out. I was at the game today, and the fans really started booing him early on, after that 3rd miss. By the time he missed that running lay-up in the 2nd quarter, the boo birds were already out.

We may be looking at a situation in which not only does he not re-sign with the Hawks ( even at a significantly lower prices and less years ), he may screw the franchise altogether, and not even agree to a sign and trade to somebody. I mean . . he doesn't HAVE TO AGREE with a S & T.

Say the Bulls offer him 5 yrs - 75 million . . and we offer him 6yrs - 80 million. Do you think he's coming back here? Or worse . . . Wade gets in his ear, and tells him to come to Miami. He may take less money just to be in MIA and to play with Wade.

It's unbelievable how all of this has played out in the past 2 weeks. We might lose this dude for nothing, with only the MLE and draft picks to replace him. That's a very REAL POSSIBILITY now.

First post in awhile.

Stupid thing for Joe to say, but he's obviously very frustrated and disappointed in himself.

I will say this though: I think there's a decent shot that JJ joins Lebron somewhere. He's the perfect side-kick, #2 guy. He can definitely be the Pippen to Lebron's Jordan... and it's going to be very tough for us all to watch as we slip back into mediocrity for a bit.

Right now a s/t trade for Hinrich and a pick sounds about right. I hope he has more character than not to work with management with a trade. Hope he doesn't forget the trials(literally) and tribulations during his first free agency. Matter of factly, he costs himself some cheese so the s/t looks to be one of his best options.

OKC has some pieces and he could get them over the top, win/win.

Right now a s/t trade for Hinrich and a pick sounds about right. I hope he has more character than not to work with management with a trade. Hope he doesn't forget the trials(literally) and tribulations during his first free agency. Matter of factly, he costs himself some cheese so the s/t looks to be one of his best options.

OKC has some pieces and he could get them over the top, win/win.

So a sign and trade can happen IF Joe allows it to and no other way?

I dont see the Bulls trading for Joe Johnson or even signing him ..I can see them going after Bosh or if Wade was to ever leave Miami which I doubt maybe make a run at him .. The Bulls need a low post scoring threat even though Bosh gets soft at times a guy like Bosh would be a nice fit though ..

C Noah

PF Bosh

SF Deng

SG Lance Stephenson..(draft)

PG Rose

If the fans are so horrible and empty seats are an issue why were Hawks second best team in the league at home?

+1

And if they don't care whether fans are in the seats or not, why do they play so horrible away from home?

• Like 1

First post in awhile.

Stupid thing for Joe to say, but he's obviously very frustrated and disappointed in himself.

I will say this though: I think there's a decent shot that JJ joins Lebron somewhere. He's the perfect side-kick, #2 guy. He can definitely be the Pippen to Lebron's Jordan... and it's going to be very tough for us all to watch as we slip back into mediocrity for a bit.

I think he needs to go out and apologize to the fans for what he said if he's a character guy. You're having a horrific series and taking it out on the fans is uncalled for.

Johnson said he "could care less" so that could mean that the fans showing up mean a lot to him. Now if he had said "couldn't care less", screw him.

Let's just get on with signing him to a max contract then everything would be OK. I blame the Hawks organization. If we had signed him to a max deal in the beginning he would have smiled once or twice and carried us to 7 or 8 NBA titles by now.

If Johnson must leave us maybe we could do a 3 team sign and trade and we get LeBron, Wade, Cleveland's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks as well as Miami's 1st and 2nd for Joe and let him play half a year for each team. It would be a win-win situation for everyone involved. We could end up in the finals next year and Cleveland and Miami would both with Championships.

He could end up signing with the Bucks too. Green is his color.

I really dont want to do a sign and trade with Joe and bring on avg players with poor contracts trying to pawn off on us...

Destroy and rebuild ...

there is plenty of want to be me but can not its like king arthur and knight sir lance alot , leftie and donnie brasco , gotti and paul