• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chillz v. Rubio this afternoon

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Best wishes to Atlanta's Favorite Cap-Hold, as he (Josh Childress), Linas Kleiza, and the rest of Greece's Olympiacos take on Ricky Rubio's Regal FC Barcelona in the Euroleague finals today in Paris. Game kicks off this afternoon at 4 PM EST and will be aired on NBA-TV. Against Barcelona, Childress will face another former Hawks draft pick (2001's Terence Morris). I imagine Greece could use a little good news these days...

~lw3

• Premium Member

I know I said no updates, but I just saw Childress guarding Rubio. Thought that was an interesting matchup...

Barcelona 86 - Olympiacos 68. Chills was 5-12 for 15 pts.

I've been reading that Childress has underperformed on his MASSIVE expectations after signing that ridiculous contract...

I always said he was a "nice player" but other than the Afro really lacked anything to make him "Special"... Apparently Olympiacos disagreed, they should've listened to me. :)

Chill had a good game. He was the best on his team. Couldn't get some of his drives in traffic to fall, but he did knock down about 2 or 3 threes.

Barcelona pretty much smothered that team overall with great defense and timely 3 point shooting. They pretty much denied Kleiza everything on the inside. Juan Carlos Navarro was easily the best player on the floor. And I didn't know Scoonie Penn was playing in Europe.

Navarro was a beast today though.

Chill had a good game. He was the best on his team. Couldn't get some of his drives in traffic to fall, but he did knock down about 2 or 3 threes.

Barcelona pretty much smothered that team overall with great defense and timely 3 point shooting. They pretty much denied Kleiza everything on the inside. Juan Carlos Navarro was easily the best player on the floor. And I didn't know Scoonie Penn was playing in Europe.

Navarro was a beast today though.

This is only my second time watching Ol.... but I watched about 7 Barca games since it's easier to find their games and Rubio. Barca has one of the best teams in the world. Terrence Morris a great FIBA basketball player. Navarro was good with the Grizzles and he's good with Barca. He normally jacks too many shots. Barca overall defense was too much for Ol...

• Premium Member

Childress' demise in Europe was exaggerated. He's still a VERY good player. His strengths appear to be even stronger - his abilty to drive the lane, finish in transition, his high BBIQ, perimeter defense, offensive rebounding, handle, etc. His weaknesses are still weak - perimeter shooting/awkward stroke, lack of bulk, tendency to disappear at times.

I still think he'd be best suited to play on a team with a perimeter-oriented big like Toronto or Dallas.

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member

As far as Oly, they struggled because no one could hit an open shot, forcing Kleiza to take some tough shots inside. One of their best players (Teodosic) wasn't 100%, FWIW.

Barca was awesome on both sides of the ball. Navarro should be in the NBA, as should Fran Vazquez. Clutch shooting from their wings...

I've been reading that Childress has underperformed on his MASSIVE expectations after signing that ridiculous contract...

I always said he was a "nice player" but other than the Afro really lacked anything to make him "Special"... Apparently Olympiacos disagreed, they should've listened to me. :)

I don't know where you have been reading.... lol

The guy has played pretty dang good. He fills up the stat sheet. He also lead the Greece league in scoring. Maybe we can trade them Marvin for Chilz :biggrin: