• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Woody in any handicapped by being a lame duck coach?

Wurider05

I posted last summer about how negatively it could impact the team with Woody being a lame duck coach. We saw nothing new in terms of his coaching style and when things gets tough he goes to what he knows best ISO-JJ.

I doubt, it but do you think that we would have seen a different Woody if he wasn't a lame duck coach?

• Premium Member

I think that the team has lost faith and given up on him, and that makes him a lame duck more than his contract status does.

Edited by niremetal

What is interesting to me is when did the Hawks start to lose trust with Woodson, I mean he has been a hot topic of criticism lately but he did get us up from that 13-win season in 04-05. Although I'm not a fan of him, I was once and that has always been interesting to me.

To answer your original question... NO

Woodson's coaching ineptitude is what has handicapped us in so many ways this season;

*** How many 4th quarter "lost leads" did this team have?; something like 22, I believe, that's bad coaching.

*** How many opposing team runs were allowed to continue because Woodson doesn't understand Time Out usage?

*** How many games did we lose to inferior (non-Playoff) quality teams?; We had multiple losses to the KNICKS, PISTONS, WARRIORS, and got beat by the 76ers & Hornets; that's a Coaching/Mental Preparation failure!!!

The time for excuses has long since been gone... It is now time for some serious action in the form of REMOVAL of the Woodson placard from the office door and his things being placed into a box "to the left, to the left"