• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lots of chatter on hoopshype bout Joe

arhawkfan

• Moderators

So very, very true:

You can assume Johnson, who was singled out for much of the booing, was frustrated. He shot three of 15 as the Magic concentrated on him, which isn’t very hard with the worse offense in the NBA. I don’t know why Vinny Del Negro got so much grief about his offense while Atlanta runs this ridiculous, game long series of isolations that even the players abhor. Johnson is shooting 28.6 percent for the Magic series as the Magic is up 3-0. Johnson opened the playoffs averaging 25.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and six assists the first four games. Since Atlanta makes few, if any, adjustments, opponents have loaded up on Johnson. He’s averaging 13.3 points and 4.3 assists since Game 4 against Milwaukee.

Put Johnson with a coach who runs an offense with weak side movement or off the ball and a point guard, and Johnson is back to being the 25 point scoring All-Star he’s been. During the regular season, teams cannot prepare as well and the Hawks score a lot in transition and open the court. The Bucks and Magic, with two of the league’s best coaches, easily figured out the Hawks.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

So very, very not true and just dumb:

If I were the Bulls, I’d step up aggressively and offer him the maximum deal. I might not do the sign-and-trade, but allow a clause for a year extension or work out an insurance deal for a sixth year.

Wow. Good thing no one has thought about adding a 6th year to a contract through a clause for a year extension or "insurance deal." What a fantastic loophole that has been discovered!

With CBA knowledge like that, there may be a position open at the AJC!

• Premium Member

So very, very true:

Along with Charley Rosen, Sam Smith is the best bball writer in the business. He knows his stuff.

Edited by niremetal

Along with Charley Rosen, Sam Smith is the best bball writer in the business. He knows his stuff.

Did you see at the bottom of the article the blip about the Nets possibly woo'ing Pippen to coach. That is one guy with no coaching experience I would take a flier on. Regarded as having one of the best basketball IQ's of his time and a tenacious desire to win, Pippen would be a huge win.

Did you see at the bottom of the article the blip about the Nets possibly woo'ing Pippen to coach. That is one guy with no coaching experience I would take a flier on. Regarded as having one of the best basketball IQ's of his time and a tenacious desire to win, Pippen would be a huge win.

sounded more to me that he wants to be in the front office, not on the sidelines. no way i'd want a head coach who would only be passively "trying it out".

i certainly got much more out of that article than from anything that i've ever read at the ajc.