• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thank you Joe Johnson

Joker

You are one of the best players we have ever had in Atlanta. I enjoyed watching you play. No matter what decision you make, you earned a supporter in me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnY4xJTzJk

• Like 2

Yep. Joe left a Finals level team to come here, back when we were so far down in the dumpster it seemed like we might never get out, and this most excellent player actually *wanted* to come here, and he still maintained his desire to come here even through all the Belkin melodrama, and I've always been grateful to Joe for that. No matter what decision he makes, he has my best wishes and I always wish him the best of luck.

Thanks Joe, if you're reading this, you are the reason I became a hawks fan in the first place. For some odd reason, I chose you out in Phoenix as my favorite player and continued following you. I don't know why but your game has changed a hell lot since coming to atlanta. I just wish that somehow you revert back to your 2005 form because you were really great to watch. Don't know if I'll keep on following you, the hawks, or maybe even a new team. But anyways, it's been good being one of your biggest fans, thanks for all the good times. :beer11:

I wouldnt even put Joe Johnson as one of the top five players in Hawks history .....

Steve Smith did more for this franchise then Joe figure in the draft picks we gave up for Joe as well money we gave him

I disagree, Joe was better but this is not about Joe compared to whom. This is a Joe Johnson appreciation thread.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

And he chose to come here at a time when we seemingly couldn't lure a desirable free agent to save our lives, no matter how much we offered them, and who could blame them? I mean we were absolutely terribly and seemingly hopeless, and Joe actually wanting to come here and then doing so provided a huge shot in the arm and boost to the morale. And that agonizing Belkin-induced court delay, I will never forget that. I was just on eggshells, convinced that Joe would just get fed-up and say "Ya know what, screw this", and elect to go back to Phoenix, but he didn't. He held on through all of that, and then he came, and there is no question but that he played a major, major role in leading us out of the wilderness and back into the light.

Edited by Seano

Joe has great for up up until this year. I think it really bothered him to have crawford steal his thunder so he started to force it more. For the record he came here to be the guy and he was not the guy this year.

• Moderators

A critical piece of an emerging young title contender, Joe Johnson never had to come here. The Atlanta Hawks had no right to expect him to be interested in coming here. When he did get here, he became the focal point for all that is dysfunctional about the franchise and their ownership.

Without any flash whatsoever, without the SportsCenter high-flying plays the media drools over, Joe led this band of steadily-maturing misfits (coaching staff included) to a level where NBA people are now forced to have regular conversations about Atlanta, about the Hawks. For that we're forever grateful to Joe, the man with an average name but a well-above-average game, wherever he lands next.

~lw3

• Like 3

Kenyon Martin, Larry Hughes, and Eddy Curry turned us down. Many forget about how amazing it was for us to land Joe.

Thanks for the last 5 years Joe !

You helped bring the Hawks from 13 wins to 53.

But here's the rub coachx....how do you get down to the level of 13 wins? I mean, let's face it, that's about the lowest of the low. You could start a new team tomorrow with NBA-DL players and a couple draft picks and win 20 games.

I'd be happy to say thanks to Joe Johnson but that would be admitting that I expect him to not be back next year and I really hope that isn't the case. I want to see the core of this team back together although I'd like to see Marvin moved for more depth and no more ISO Joe offense along with a new coach. Joe had an awful playoffs after the first few games but other than his heat of the moment remark he has been as classy as you could ever want a player to be and I really, really hope that he'll be signed to a new deal sooner rather than later.