• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Do You Want Joe Back?

JackB1

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no because I want a S&T. JJ's relationship with his teammates is lousy. Woody contributed heavily to this with his preposterous coaching, but the damage is done. We are still unbalanced with a bad PG situation and a need for a better C situation. The only way I'd be OK with JJ coming back is if we can't get good value in a S&T.

I am worried that the fans may have run Joe out of town. The general base is so pissed off that Joe isn't Wade/Kobe/Lebron, but Joe never was in that class and it's not fair to hold him to that standard. Asking him to go 1-5 against a defense like the Magic's is just asking for trouble. Lebron couldn't even do that last year and is up against it right now against a decrepit but still resolute Boston defense.

Joe may not be a No.1 option but there are not many of those to go around in the league.

We need to grab a coach who gives s--- about offense, obviously. The Woodson/Mike Brown philosophy does not work well in the playoffs. We need a true PG -- maybe it's Teague, maybe not -- that can create for other players and doesn't expose us on defense. Woody is only just now figuring out what most of this Board saw last year -- Bibby is winding down and hurts us more than he helps.

I'll just reiterate what others have said -- you can't just throw 20/5/5 out the door. There really is no contingency plan that doesn't set us back a couple of years, and there are no guarantees with that anyway. If JJ walks, then Jamal is the only guy on the roster who can create a shot for himself or others without being spoonfed.

It took a long time to get to this point. It's worth it to try and keep this core together under the direction of a new coach before we take steps back. I don't think Joe is a selfish player at all -- he'll play off the ball if there is a legitimate facilitator PG out there getting him shots. Bibby was a good PG under Woody's philosophy but it's time to get a playmaker.

Give Woody his props for bringing us as far as he did, but the man has a lot of flaws as a coach and has obviously lost the some/all of the team. Let's take a look at what we can do with a new leader, and then re-evaluate this time next year. That may hamstring us with a less than ideal JJ contract in a couple of years but the alternative is uglier than that.

It will certainly be an interesting offseason.

Edited by jhay610

How do you replace Joe's numbers? Well you have to realize when you get rid of Joe that frees up more than 18 shots a game. Given that Joe averaged 1.17 points per shot and the league average was 1.23 points per shot, I am sure we will be able to manage. (a side note, Al Harrington averaged 1.17 pps his last year with us)

I don't like this poll question though. This isn't a simple yes or no type of question. Do I want him back, well depends how much is it going to cost me? Do I want him gone, well depends if we let him walk or get something in return via trade. And I realize that there is a conditional yes option, but if you are going to have one conditional option then you might as well have all of the likely conditional options as well.

I don't like this poll question though. This isn't a simple yes or no type of question. Do I want him back, well depends how much is it going to cost me? Do I want him gone, well depends if we let him walk or get something in return via trade. And I realize that there is a conditional yes option, but if you are going to have one conditional option then you might as well have all of the likely conditional options as well.

I concur with all of this.