• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks fans reacting like Children.

Diesel

Atlanta does not support the Hawks. I'm a first year season ticket holder and am originally from the Boston area, I know what it looks like when a city supports a team.

And I bet you there are tons of Celtic fans in Boston that never pay to go to a game. But you try and tell them they aren't real Celtic fans and I bet you'll get a punch in the nose. I'm tired of hearing that unless you have X amount of fans in the seats a city isn't supporting a team.

And I bet you there are tons of Celtic fans in Boston that never pay to go to a game. But you try and tell them they aren't real Celtic fans and I bet you'll get a punch in the nose. I'm tired of hearing that unless you have X amount of fans in the seats a city isn't supporting a team.

The question wasn't about being a real fan, it was about supporting your team.

I've looked at stubhub, I really doubt there are "tons" of Celtic fans who never pay to go to games.

The question wasn't about being a real fan, it was about supporting your team.

I've looked at stubhub, I really doubt there are "tons" of Celtic fans who never pay to go to games.

Based on what? Purely anecdotal. What's NOT anecdotal is their middle-of-the-road attendance before they bought their championship. Fairweather fans.

Who said anything about happy? Nobody is happy?

I said Hawks fans reactions.... are like that of Children. So we lost. It was a bad lost. So now you just want to dismantle the team? Don't you think that's an overreaction? We've only seen this team with 1 coach... ever. 1 coach. We all can point out the coaching mistakes in this series. For years, we have noted that this coach doesn't have a leash for Smoove or Joe when they are doing things bench worthy. So instead of wanting to see what we can do with another better coach.. you say, let's just throw it all away???

That's the gist of my post.

Not that I'm happy!!!

I think we realize that Joe is gone and that well never see this team together with a real coach. Also, havent we all realized that this isnt a team? Everyone that has been interviewed that watches us seems to think there nothing but selfish, underachieving, not hardworking douchers. Its tough, but I thiknk we all realize its the end.

Based on what? Purely anecdotal. What's NOT anecdotal is their middle-of-the-road attendance before they bought their championship. Fairweather fans.

Well supposedly these teams that have good fans (rather than Atlanta that supposedly has poor fans) sell out most or all their games. So I would assume that more then 25,000 or whatever the Celtics arena holds in Boston consider themselves fans. It's simple math. But many people around here and the AJC sportwriters think the only criteria to being a fan is buying a ticket. You but a ticket you're a fan and you don't buy a ticket you're not a fan. So the corporations that buy sky boxes, etc. are much bigger fans than you or me because they spend more dollars.

I call BS on that thinking. Sorry, dollars doesn't equal being a fan or support of a team.

Well supposedly these teams that have good fans (rather than Atlanta that supposedly has poor fans) sell out most or all their games. So I would assume that more then 25,000 or whatever the Celtics arena holds in Boston consider themselves fans. It's simple math. But many people around here and the AJC sportwriters think the only criteria to being a fan is buying a ticket. You but a ticket you're a fan and you don't buy a ticket you're not a fan. So the corporations that buy sky boxes, etc. are much bigger fans than you or me because they spend more dollars.

I call BS on that thinking. Sorry, dollars doesn't equal being a fan or support of a team.

You're right it doesn't. Maybe I'm still annoyed at all the opening night empty seats.