• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

News said JJ will be offered 90 Million

JackB1

On last night's 11 oclock news (before Jimmy Kimmel Show) they said this:

"The Hawks plan on offering Joe Johnson a 90 Million dollar contract, so if Joe

leaves, it will be his decision.

Why isn't anyone else reporting on this?

On last night's 11 oclock news (before Jimmy Kimmel Show) they said this:

"The Hawks plan on offering Joe Johnson a 90 Million dollar contract, so if Joe

leaves, it will be his decision.

Why isn't anyone else reporting on this?

Interesting !

The ball is in JJ's court.

Gearon loves his players and will hope Sund wants to stay the corse with a few changes. Im sure on the inside they know the extent of JJ's hand imjury and how it hurt his shooting the last few games vs Mil and the whole Orl series. I can see them giving him a huge deal.

Joe isn't worth 90 million, not at this age and stage in his career. sorry. I hope this is a lie

The news guy reported it like it was fact. Does anyone know the webpage for ABC local news? Maybe they have the story up on their website?

That has to be a 6 year deal. That would be 15 per year and most on this board said 15 would be fine with them

I wouldn't pay Joe more than 80million over 5years. Maybe it is a 6year deal though.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't pay Joe more than 80million over 5years. Maybe it is a 6year deal though.

I'm seriously curious as to why people would prefer it over 6. I'd much rather pay him $3M more per year and have him come off the books a year earlier.

• Premium Member

I'm seriously curious as to why people would prefer it over 6. I'd much rather pay him $3M more per year and have him come off the books a year earlier.

3 Million per year is another player per year... (good player).

Moreover, at 15 per... Joe still has a tradable (early) contract. If this contract comes with normal raises, ASG can evaluate Joe after year 1 or 2 and still get a good trade for him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well we know ASG is going to try to keep JJ. Without JJ we go back to being a lottery team. Regardless of whether we think he is worth it or not. Maybe with a new coach who can actually draw more than one off play. Our offense will be better.

Unlike overreactive Hawks fans, ASG likes the Hawks being on National TV 21 times more than 1 time.

More importantly, they know that Joe is the only consistent talent we have.

I hear people talking about building around Horf. I love Horf but Horf doesn't have anything to his offense. Nothing consistent. Plus, he's a Hybrid PF... I don't know if Horf could guard most PFs. He didn't do a great Job on Lewis.

Unlike overreactive Hawks fans, ASG likes the Hawks being on National TV 21 times more than 1 time.

More importantly, they know that Joe is the only consistent talent we have.

I hear people talking about building around Horf. I love Horf but Horf doesn't have anything to his offense. Nothing consistent. Plus, he's a Hybrid PF... I don't know if Horf could guard most PFs. He didn't do a great Job on Lewis.

If we resign JJ and can somehow get Devin Harris with Craws' expiring we would be a tough matchup on the perimeter. Need a coach and a point guard IMO 1st and foremost . If Chilz does not come back to us, we need to draft a SG/SF with our late round pick to fill Craws shoes once he is traded.

Hard to believe BK drafted three wing players in the 1st round and signed another in JJ, three years later it is still not enough...Go BK!

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

If we resign JJ and can somehow get Devin Harris with Craws' expiring we would be a tough matchup on the perimeter. Need a coach and a point guard IMO 1st and foremost . If Chilz does not come back to us, we need to draft a SG/SF with our late round pick to fill Craws shoes once he is traded.

Hard to believe BK drafted three wing players in the 1st round and signed another in JJ, three years later it is still not enough...Go BK!

Honestly, we need to find a way to move Marvin and Bibby.

Craw is far too important to be traded away like that. I like Harris, but I think Craw's value is greater. Our bench is torn up without Craw.

I am with you though, we need a PG who can run the show. That's why I like offering our MLE to Steve Blake.

Craw is far too important to be traded away like that. I like Harris, but I think Craw's value is greater. Our bench is torn up without Craw.

I am with you though, we need a PG who can run the show. That's why I like offering our MLE to Steve Blake.

It would be shocking if Sund gets anything of value for Marvin and Bibby. I'm all ears if you find anything that makes sense for another team.

Crawford more valuable then D. Harris ? I disagree. With Harris, a new coach could run a traditional offense with a natural creator and fascillitator. Plus Harris is a superb perimeter defender which was our #1 weakness. Crawford will be 31 before next season. Do you really want to resign him at 32 ? D. Harris just turned 27 and still has 3 years under contract that only averages under $9 mill per year.

We can sign Flip for $2 mill to be Craw-Lite.

Steve Blake can't guard a cold ! We have already been down that road with Bibby. I don't need any De-Ja-Vu with a another startig PG who can't defend.

Edited by coachx

I like Blake on the cheap as well but feel we need more of a offensive threat at the PG position to take the pressure off JJ. I think we need a PG starter who cannot be left alone. And as much as I like Craws game, IMO the starting five wins championships; the bench gets you to the playoffs with healthy rested starters. A good coach will hopefully know how to manipulate his lineup a lot better than Woody during the regular season blowouts.

We agree in principle though, and I have no problem resigning JJ, getting a good X's and O's coach, and a starting PG; as our off season plan A. Plan B is we lose JJ; but coach and PG is still the primary concerns; along with drafting a SG/SF.

Primary difference between Plan A and Plan B is we have to get really lucky with our draft pick; and a young future starting quality SG falls into our laps.

Edited by Buzzard