• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

News said JJ will be offered 90 Million

JackB1

It would be shocking if Sund gets anything of value for Marvin and Bibby. I'm all ears if you find anything that makes sense for another team.

Crawford more valuable then D. Harris ? I disagree. With Harris, a new coach could run a traditional offense with a natural creator and fascillitator. Plus Harris is a superb perimeter defender which was our #1 weakness. Crawford will be 31 before next season. Do you really want to resign him at 32 ? D. Harris just turned 27 and still has 3 years under contract that only averages under $9 mill per year.

We can sign Flip for $2 mill to be Craw-Lite.

Steve Blake can't guard a cold ! We have already been down that road with Bibby. I don't need any De-Ja-Vu with a another startig PG who can't defend.

again with the absurd Flip Crawford comparisons . Harris is a superb perimeter defender ?? oh boy if he is as good as what you are claiming wouldnt he be worth more than someone who you feel could be replaced by Flip ?

also Crawford just turned 30 in MARCH so how could be 31 before next season ?

Edited by Crank

again with the absurd Flip Crawford comparisons . Harris is a superb perimeter defender ?? oh boy if he is as good as what you are claiming wouldnt he be worth more than someone who you feel could be replaced by Flip ?

This shouldn't even be an argument. Devin Harris is an all star that can give you 21-7. Crawford is a homeless man's JJ who fitted well in Woody's "offense' but doesn't really fit well in real offenses. Not to mention Harris is much younger. If you can you do that trade every time.

• Like 1

Craw is a good deal for the Nets cause his contract expires and will give them some cap releif one year after a 1st tier FA is signed. If I were the Nets and got Walls along with say Bosh; trading Harris for Craw would be a no brainer IMO for a young rebuilding team.

Craw is also an attractive draw with the positive publicity he got this season. IMO getting Craw, drafting Walls, and signing a top tier FA would show the fan base the new owner is serious about trying to build a winner.

Edited by Buzzard

The news guy reported it like it was fact. Does anyone know the webpage for ABC local news? Maybe they have the story up on their website?

still don't agree with it especially after his performance in the playoffs, plus the deal could have an major affect on resigning our players in the future..

Craw is a good deal for the Nets cause his contract expires and will give them some cap releif one year after a 1st tier FA is signed. If I were the Nets and got Walls along with say Bosh; trading Harris for Craw would be a no brainer IMO for a young rebuilding team.

Craw is also an attractive draw with the positive publicity he got this season. IMO getting Craw, drafting Walls, and signing a top tier FA would show the fan base the new owner is serious about trying to build a winner.

of course it sounds like a good deal because its your deal the Nets would laugh at this deal hysterically .

Why would they take a EXPIRING for Harris when they surely could get back another young player for Harris ? They are not gonna just give harris away it makes absolutely no sense because even with a full boat max player addition + harris they are still gonna be under the cap ?

It makes no sense for the Nets to DUMP Harris he has enough value that he could easily be turned into a young swingman but no way NO WAY does he get traded for an expiring by a team thats nearly 35 million under the cap already .

This shouldn't even be an argument. Devin Harris is an all star that can give you 21-7. Crawford is a homeless man's JJ who fitted well in Woody's "offense' but doesn't really fit well in real offenses. Not to mention Harris is much younger. If you can you do that trade every time.

like i said these discussions are retarded

On one hand you have fools saying Crawford sucks

On the other end these same fools are saying lets trade Crawford for a 21 and 7 all star because the nets want to dump him for nothing . Its just amazing what you can get for players that supposedly sucks

Edited by Crank

like i said these discussions are retarded

On one hand you have fools saying Crawford sucks

On the other end these same fools are saying lets trade Crawford for a 21 and 7 all star because the nets want to dump him for nothing . Its just amazing what you can get for players that supposedly sucks

Whoever thinks Crawford is better than Harris (A top 10 PG in this league who is nearing his prime) and wouldn't do that trade is foolish.

Whoever thinks Crawford is better than Harris (A top 10 PG in this league who is nearing his prime) and wouldn't do that trade is foolish.

in no particular order

Steve nash

Chris Paul

D.Will

Rondo

J.Kidd

D.Rose

Andre Miller

Baron davis

Russell Westbrook

Chauncey Billups

but hey your fantasy sound intriguing

and its not about Crawford being better its about the fools who on one hand say Crawford sucks and on the other hand say we can trade him for apparently top ten players at there positions in those peoples minds .

in no particular order

Steve nash

Chris Paul

D.Will

Rondo

J.Kidd

D.Rose

Andre Miller

Baron davis

Russell Westbrook

Chauncey Billups

and its not about Crawford being better its about the fools who on one hand say Crawford sucks and on the other hand say we can trade him for apparently top ten players at there positions in those peoples minds .

Harris is better than Andre Miller. And Baron Davis (now) is debatable. Nash, Kidd, Billups are on their way out.

So Craw must suck then since we traded Acie Law and Speedy for him? If the Nets get Wall, Harris doesn't fit and will get traded.

Edited by GameTime

Honestly, we need to find a way to move Marvin and Bibby.

Craw is far too important to be traded away like that. I like Harris, but I think Craw's value is greater. Our bench is torn up without Craw.

I am with you though, we need a PG who can run the show. That's why I like offering our MLE to Steve Blake.

Im liking this steve blake talk never thought of that! and yeah crawford wont be moved but like you said bibby and marvin needs to be if we can actually get something in return.

• Premium Member

I'm seriously curious as to why people would prefer it over 6. I'd much rather pay him $3M more per year and have him come off the books a year earlier.

Yeah the money makes no difference. I'm pretty sure we will be over the cap every single year of his contract anyway.

This is a good move though. We have no better options whatsoever.

of course it sounds like a good deal because its your deal the Nets would laugh at this deal hysterically .

Why would they take a EXPIRING for Harris when they surely could get back another young player for Harris ? They are not gonna just give harris away it makes absolutely no sense because even with a full boat max player addition + harris they are still gonna be under the cap ?

It makes no sense for the Nets to DUMP Harris he has enough value that he could easily be turned into a young swingman but no way NO WAY does he get traded for an expiring by a team thats nearly 35 million under the cap already .

The Nets only have 20 to 25 mill in cap space ( link http://nbaroundtable.wordpress.com/salary-stuff/) Give 15 to 25 of that to Bosh, Lebron, and/or another FA or two. They have to sign their young roster as well after next season.

If they want to stay under the luxury tax after next season while signing a big time FA or two this off season, Crawford is a great move for them. Just my opinion but they have a very young roster and their rookie contracts end just like ours did with Chilz, Smoove, Marvin, and now Horf.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

in no particular order

Steve nash

Chris Paul

D.Will

Rondo

J.Kidd

D.Rose

Andre Miller

Baron davis

Russell Westbrook

Chauncey Billups

You need to delete Andre Miller from that list and frankly Baron Davis can go off as well. Harris is in fact a top ten PG when he's healthy.

This is probably a huge mistake. We'll be stuck in mediocrity for a LONG time.

50+ wins is NOT mediocre. That's a top 10 team in the league. It just isn't a championship level team.

Mediocre are teams like how the Washington Wizards were a few years ago, when they would win in the mid-40s win total.

Retaining JJ for that price ( hopefully it's 6yrs ), is 15 mill a year . . which means that as the contract starts out, he'd be making around 12 - 13 mill a year. That's actually a bargain ( if it's a 6yr deal ), and very workable for the Hawks to maneuver around.

We got a wise guy over here.

Well if he is 30 for the last 3 months of this season then he will be 31 the last 3 months of next season too.

• Premium Member

It would be shocking if Sund gets anything of value for Marvin and Bibby. I'm all ears if you find anything that makes sense for another team.

Crawford more valuable then D. Harris ? I disagree. With Harris, a new coach could run a traditional offense with a natural creator and fascillitator. Plus Harris is a superb perimeter defender which was our #1 weakness. Crawford will be 31 before next season. Do you really want to resign him at 32 ? D. Harris just turned 27 and still has 3 years under contract that only averages under $9 mill per year.

We can sign Flip for $2 mill to be Craw-Lite.

Steve Blake can't guard a cold ! We have already been down that road with Bibby. I don't need any De-Ja-Vu with a another startig PG who can't defend.

Yes. Crawford is more valuable than Harris.

Harris is a 27% shooter from three. He was the PG of a team that won what... 10 games? I like Harris don't get me wrong. I just don't think we should trade Craw for him.

• Premium Member

Not to mention, they still have Lee.

• Premium Member

You need to delete Andre Miller from that list and frankly Baron Davis can go off as well. Harris is in fact a top ten PG when he's healthy.

Can I add Collison.......Calderon....Tyreke Evans..... and Brandon Jennings to that list before Harris?

I like Harris, but coaches don't keep him on the floor because he shoots 27% from 3 and can't spread the defense.