• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a PG and SF.

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

For Joe and the rest of the team to be successful we need a point guard that can run the team. I don't have the amswer to who that is because that is the GM's job. In addition we need a scoring small forward. The only small forward on the team is Mo Evans.

We need to trade Josh Smith or Marvin Williams.

Josh Smith - Strengths - shotblocker, athletic Negatives - immature, no offense

Marvin Williams - Strengths - can play defense, rebound Negatives - will not be aggressive, playing out of position.

I keep Marvin Williams. Go back and look at the games he played PF and the numbers he put up. He can score in the post at the 4 spot and can shoot the midrange. His position is as a 4 and not a 3.

Josh Smith has superstar talent athletically and has been given the 4 spot and has not stood out except as a shotblocker.

Just my .02

I cant answer the SF problem unless we get a big man to play C. We move Horf to PF and just live with Smoove at SF. I know he cant hit a jumpshot. With a new coach on board. We can finally use him as a slasher. As for the PG goes. We got to give Teague a chance. We drafted him to be the PG of the future. We haven't given him any chance. Dragic look completely lost last season. Now look at him. Perhaps Teague can make that 2nd year jump as well.

Edited by Paladin

• Moderators

Argh. Josh Smith averaged 16 points and 4 assists a game. That's 20 points a came he was responsible for on average. I don't know your definition of 'no offense' but it differs from mine. We all know that Josh rarely hits jumpers so those 16 points were mostly coming on drives and rebounds. This is with Joe and Jamal dominating the ball on offense.

'Not stood out except as shotblocker'?

3rd on the team in scoring, 2nd in assists (beating our PG) , 1st in steals (almost double anyone else), double Horford in blocks,

Argh. Josh Smith averaged 16 points and 4 assists a game. That's 20 points a came he was responsible for on average. I don't know your definition of 'no offense' but it differs from mine. We all know that Josh rarely hits jumpers so those 16 points were mostly coming on drives and rebounds. This is with Joe and Jamal dominating the ball on offense.

'Not stood out except as shotblocker'?

3rd on the team in scoring, 2nd in assists (beating our PG) , 1st in steals (almost double anyone else), double Horford in blocks,

2nd in rebounds, 2nd in FG%, 1st in PER. Nope...didn't stand out at all.

Not to mention the silent things he does in a game. Once or twice a player hears footsteps and clangs a layup, pulls up short on a floater or running jumper, throws a pass wide trying to keep it out of Josh's hands. His affect on the game goes well beyond the boxscore. Just like we all know that Joe pounding it for 20 seconds then passing it off to someone else who either misses a hurried shot and hurts their own FG% or makes it and ups Joe's assist totals is an affect Joe has on the game that doesn't show up in Joe's boxscore, Josh brings many positives that don't show up either.