• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A Josh Smith trade will NEVER HAPPEN................

JTB

Please stop with the Smith trade scenarios its definitly not going to happen!

WHY YOU ASK?

Remember a couple of weeks ago when owner Michael Gearon jr. called Josh smith our LEBRON. There was even a post on this message board somebody created! Anyways the ASG thinks too highly of J Smoove and I know that they will try a different coach out before even thinking about trading him. An to put this out there was a recent article Gearon had said that ASG wants to keep the core and tweak the roster a bit! Jsmoove is apart of that core along with JJ, Horford, Bibby, Crawford and honestly i even think they dont even want to trade marvin or Zaza at that! No major trade will happen unless it involves JJ and the other players who are not apart of the core, which will be everybody else i didnt mention.

here's a link about how high Gearon thinks of smith and why smith def wont be traded:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-joshsmithisnttheclos

-this proves until smith is coached by another coach to improve his attitude or mentality the asg isnt giving up on him

and here's a link on how good Gearon and the ASG just think this team is already:

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/04/19/atlanta-hawks-asgs-michael-gearon-jr-talks-hawks/

-(read on view of hawks offense) this proves that Gearon and the ASG is thrilled about our team but now they feel it's not the team's fault but the coaches fault. so Im going to make a huge bold prediction an that is the ASG will try to keep most of these players including JJ and get a better coach before decideing to dismantle this team. An if the ASG dont get JJ that will be one of the only trades they will likely make!

Qouted by Gearon of Smith: "He’s the closest thing to LeBron in the league,” Hawks owner Michael Gearon, Jr. said in an interview after the game with FanHouse. "I’m not saying he’s LeBron. But just look, he gets assists, he rebounds, he blocks shots. He’s a game changer. … Just look at his stats.”

It's Rather Simple in the ASG plans KEEP same TEAM & get NEW COACH

Edited by JTB

Good. This is what they should do. Trading Josh Smith is just dumb. There's no comparable player in the league and he has improved significantly every year. A new coach will do wonders.

we hope...... His laziness and lack of effort is obsurd.... You say he tune out woody but what does that say about him as a person.... I think trading him is the best option cause I cannot think of any coach that we will possibly hire that Josh will respect and listen to.... Get his crybaby bs the hell out

Because I see your sentiments in numerous threads I'm just going to address it here in this one. You do realize that Gearon is only one of our many owners and not a majority owner at that right? He could say he wants the team color to be hot pink doesn't mean it's going to happen. Heck we're still in the middle of resolving the last ownership dispute and you still think one guy has so much power? If Sund approaches the owners with a proposal for any of our players and they agree with Jr. being the only dissenter, well guess what, he's SOL.

• Premium Member

Good. This is what they should do. Trading Josh Smith is just dumb. There's no comparable player in the league and he has improved significantly every year. A new coach will do wonders.

Not exactly true.

If I could trade Josh and get back Devin Harris and Brook Lopez, I would do that.

Because I see your sentiments in numerous threads I'm just going to address it here in this one. You do realize that Gearon is only one of our many owners and not a majority owner at that right? He could say he wants the team color to be hot pink doesn't mean it's going to happen. Heck we're still in the middle of resolving the last ownership dispute and you still think one guy has so much power? If Sund approaches the owners with a proposal for any of our players and they agree with Jr. being the only dissenter, well guess what, he's SOL.

I was waiting for someoone to say this and this is how i will respond. while you are right that gearon isnt the only owner. i think when he speaks to the media he is speaking for all the asg. now do i know that for sure? no. but i take his comments very strong and i think most of the asg would agree with him. an also have you ever wondered why is it that he's the only one of the asg that comes out and talks. is it that he is the only one that cares or is he speaking for himself and the whole asg? Again 'I feel he's speaking for the whole asg, i mean it wouldnt make sense for the whole asg to come out and talk so they just send one to talk on their behalf but thats my opnion.

Not exactly true.

If I could trade Josh and get back Devin Harris and Brook Lopez, I would do that.

well damn i would too but do you really think the nets are dumb enough to do that?........................i dont but if they would of course the asg would consider that for sure but im thinking that lopez is untouchable on the nets! dont ya think?

• Premium Member

well damn i would too but do you really think the nets are dumb enough to do that?........................i dont but if they would of course the asg would consider that for sure but im thinking that lopez is untouchable on the nets! dont ya think?

The nets are getting John Wall. They have 15 Million in cap space. Smoove is one of the best PFs playing. Better than KMart when he was a net. Lopez is the trade...but from what I have read about the Nets feelings on Harris, I think they would.

Do you know they are considering moving Harris for picks to make cap space (NJ.COM)! There's not a lot of love for Harris and Magic said that Harris and Wall can't co-exist.

So the real question is Smoove vs. Lopez.

Most NBAers would go with Smoove.

Smoove is the box office draw, and Atlanta's favorite son right now ( even if Dwight is better . . but he's not a Hawk ).

But if it comes down that this team is still out of balance, and if by trading him, they have a chance to get the team in balance to make a run at a title, you better believe that they'll trade him . . . if they want to win that championship.

If it is OBVIOUS that Smoove is the difference between this team getting to the next level or not, with an upgrade at PG or C . . they'll bite the bullet ( to the disagreement of the fans ), and make that move.

I do agree that now is NOT the time to do that. But next year, if we're in the same situation, may be the time to do it. If the presence of Smith is preventing Horford from really breaking out into a big time PF, then they HAVE to consider moving him. Hopefully, Al will start to play bigger vs bigger competition, and eliminate the need to make a move like this.

I bet Gearon wouldn't call Smoove "Lebron" if you asked him now. He just got caught up in the moment of the great Game 2 that he had.

The nets are getting John Wall. They have 15 Million in cap space. Smoove is one of the best PFs playing. Better than KMart when he was a net. Lopez is the trade...but from what I have read about the Nets feelings on Harris, I think they would.

Do you know they are considering moving Harris for picks to make cap space (NJ.COM)! There's not a lot of love for Harris and Magic said that Harris and Wall can't co-exist.

Right . . . but if you add Lopez on this squad, the Lopez - Horford combo is better ( both talent and fit wise ), than the Horford - Smith combo.

The Nets would NEVER trade Brook Lopez though. As precious as good centers are in this league, there's NO WAY a decent basketball mind would trade Lopez, outside of trading for Lebron or Kobe or Wade.

Right . . . but if you add Lopez on this squad, the Lopez - Horford combo is better ( both talent and fit wise ), than the Horford - Smith combo.

The Nets would NEVER trade Brook Lopez though. As precious as good centers are in this league, there's NO WAY a decent basketball mind would trade Lopez, outside of trading for Lebron or Kobe or Wade.

that's what im thinking! i know they will move harris but i just cant see them being dumb enough to take smoove for lopez. i mean as much as i like smoove im all for it! i mean just look at what our starting lineup will be!

1.harris

2.jj if he stays

3.marvin

4.horford

5.lopez

i think having harris and jj in the backcourt would be a top 3 backcourt in the nba and with a new coach it will really go good for this team! this can push us over the hill and compete assuming we keep the rest of the core. but like i said it sounds too impossible to happen.

Edited by JTB

Everyone knows Woody is not a great coach. Majority of this site agrees with that. You wonder why he does not listen? We all know the ANSWER. Hell, if my coach was a dumbass, I wouldn't take anything he said serious either.

I don't think the Hawks are trading anyone, and certainly not Smoove. Say what you want about him but he IS the face of this franchise, no matter how you feel about his game.

I agree. Smoove is the face of the franchise and the most popular player on the team. You at least have to keep the Horford - Smith duo together for at least one more year, to see if they will improve without Woody, or without JJ, or without both.

Once next year comes around though, all bets are off. If we're still having the same issues playing against bigger frontlines, a decision has to be made between the two. The numbers that those 2 have put up against the bigger frontlines, do not lie. Both have struggled mightily against the bigger teams this year.

• Admin

There are a lot of Talented PFs in the league. A center with Lopez's skill are very rare. Lopez probably already has higher value then SMith and you throw Harris in?

Personally I would love this trade but the Nets are not going to trade their franchise center and a quality pg for Josh Smith.