• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Your crazy if you dont think Marvin Williams has a ton of trade value

NJHAWK

I'm anxious to see Marv in a new system. I don't see him ever being an all-star but the talent/size/athelticism he has should show up more on the court. I've never heard of him being a malcontent or cancer, just passive. Maybe a new coach (or new team) can get consistent results out of him. But as of now he is overpaid by about 2mil/year imo. Not an albatross of a contract but far from being undervalued.

Yeah hogful...I pretty much agree with your post. I certainly wouldn't say Marvin has a "ton" of trade value, but I've calmed down and thought it over a bit and think he is at least tradeable. One big reason is the "Woody factor". Other teams have probably realized for some time that Woody doesn't get everything (or even a lot in Marvin's case) out of his players (see Boris Diaw). I think there are teams and coaches who would like to take a chance on him.

I do agree with your thinking about him being overpaid though as of now. We'll see...maybe it's best to hold onto him ourselves and see how he does in a new system with a new coach.