• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Joe done?

MVP23

Someone brought this to my attention. In his contract year joe put up almost the same numbers he did last year. Some even dipped. Any boston red sox fan knows what i am talking about. A great player that had done so much contract has expired and the gm lets him walk. What happens? Right now nomar can be found on baseball tonight because he was done. Joe might be done. Just saying.

Edited by MVP23

One more word. Hedo. He took his team to the finals in his contract year got his money and his not been heard from since. Joe struggled in the second. What does that say?

One more word. Hedo. He took his team to the finals in his contract year got his money and his not been heard from since. Joe struggled in the second. What does that say?

Joe has been the same player for the last 5 years.

Hedo had 1 outstanding year, in a contract year, in the Magic system which catered to his strength. Hedo is also 2 years older then JJ too.

Put JJ on that Magic team and see how good both he and they would be.

Edited by coachx

To me it says that SVG and the Magic had a hell of a gameplan to slow JJ down and it worked. SVG was smart enough to know that if he slowed JJ down we stood no chance regardless. The blowouts were embarrassing but I think it (and JJs struggles) had a lot more to do with what they were doing and not we weren't doing.

To me it says that SVG and the Magic had a hell of a gameplan to slow JJ down and it worked. SVG was smart enough to know that if he slowed JJ down we stood no chance regardless. The blowouts were embarrassing but I think it (and JJs struggles) had a lot more to do with what they were doing and not we weren't doing.

True but it also had PLENTY to do with that lack of offensive gameplanning from the hairless one........the guy didn't mae a single adjustment throughout the entire playoffs, not just the second round......scoot skiles and svg ran rings around this guy

True but it also had PLENTY to do with that lack of offensive gameplanning from the hairless one........the guy didn't mae a single adjustment throughout the entire playoffs, not just the second round......scoot skiles and svg ran rings around this guy

Oh no doubt. Woody definitely played his part in the dismay that turned out in the second round. I just don't think the Magic get enough credit for the job they did. Not only did SVG have a great gameplan, the players went out and executed it to a "T". Part of it was JJ having a bum shooting hand. Part of it was Woody's lack of adjustments. The biggest part of it in my opinion though, was the Magic executing and hitting on all cylinders. I'm just giving them there due on that.

jj isnt close to done. 3 years min left playing at the reg season level he played at. he should not be the ! option and be iso all day. he will be somewhat unstoppable in a offense with a wade, lebron etc.

• Premium Member

There's a difference between consistent performance and contract year performance.

Contract year performance is what your boy Marvin did last year. He played harder and tried harder than he ever has and probably ever will.

Joe's peformance is just consistent. He slipped in some things because Craw was very capable at taking some of the load off of Joe.

But the point is that there's a big difference between the two.

Joe's not done.

There's a difference between consistent performance and contract year performance.

Contract year performance is what your boy Marvin did last year. He played harder and tried harder than he ever has and probably ever will.

Joe's peformance is just consistent. He slipped in some things because Craw was very capable at taking some of the load off of Joe.

But the point is that there's a big difference between the two.

Joe's not done.

No JJ is not done but three years from now he will only be a good starter (Paul Peirce 18 to 20 ppg) . We need JJ but if Sund wants to compete for a championship he better get us some peices quick in the same manner Boston did for Paul.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

No JJ is not done but three years from now he will only be a good starter (Paul Peirce 18 to 20 ppg) . We need JJ but if Sund wants to compete for a championship he better get us some peices quick in the same manner Boston did for Paul.

This.