• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What can happen from here on out!

Wurider05

1. Get New coach

2. Let coach evaluate talent see what he can do with what we have.

3. Make moves based on what the coach needs/wants.

If things go down like this then we are not getting a rookie head coach.

Here are my choices:

Del Harris-good X and O guy I was calling for him before we got Woody.

Jeff Van Gundy

Lawrence Frank

Rudy Tomjanovich-has two championships

I think that Mark Jackson would make a good coach but he needs to put in some work as an assistant first.

We also must remember that the ASG probably don't have the money to pay a big name coach!

We also must remember that the ASG probably don't have the money to pay a big name coach!

The ASG are trying to sell this year's first round draft pick for cash. Probably trying to get some money for that big name coach.

The ASG are trying to sell this year's first round draft pick for cash. Probably trying to get some money for that big name coach.

Gearon has recently said that we will not sell the pick.... I am not saying i trust him, but just saying.....

1. Get New coach

2. Let coach evaluate talent see what he can do with what we have.

3. Make moves based on what the coach needs/wants.

JJ is a free agent on July 1 and we would need to act quickly to keep him. He is other teams 3rd and 4th option in free agency but he is our 1st and only option since we are over the cap. It would be great to get a new coach in place prior to July 1st b/c it will make the decision for JJ even more complicated if JJ doesn't even know who the coach of the Hawks will be. In contrast, the coach may not want to sign a contract until they know where JJ will be playing. This could limit our pool of possible candidates.

Now Sund will definately be gaging coaches interst in the Hawks job in June and I'm sure when speaking to these candidates they well let their feelings on JJ be known.

If you want a coach who is seen as a "big fish" like Van Gundy or AJ................they may not want to coach this team if without JJ and may not want to sign a coaching contract without even knowing if they will be able to coach the Hawks 4 time allstar.

Edited by coachx