• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Players are talking now!

Wurider05

Josh Smith may just be one of those players that no coach will ever be able to get to completely. I can draw a lot of parallels to his time with the Hawks and Andruw Jones's time with the Atlanta Braves. Both guys are/were supremely talented players who should be/should have been a lot better as overall players. Both players are/were a lot better defensively than offensively even though they have some offensive gifts. With Andruw, it seemed like no coach could get through to him to stop trying to pull everything. Just take that pitch on the outside corner to the opposite field. He had the power to drive that ball if he would just do it. Josh is similar in the sense that he thinks he is a perimeter player that tried to do too much shooting rather than playing within himself and letting the game come to him.

I'm really curious to see if Josh turns into trade bait this offseason. I have a feeling that Rick Sund is going to go hard to resign Joe Johnson, and I think he might use a pursuit of Chris Bosh in a sign and trade deal to try and convince Johnson to resign. I think Josh Smith could be part of any sign and trade deal for Bosh. In fact, I think he has to be part of it for Toronto to even consider it.

The Raptors would love to get close to equal value for Bosh if he refuses to resign in Canada.

Hawks would have to offer him that 6th year and max money to get him to turn down the 5 year offers from teams under the cap like Miami, Chicago, NJ, & NY.

Its not impossible.

• Premium Member

My view is that Woody's favs were:

JJ, Marvin, Al and Bibby.

I believe Woody tolerated Smoove.

I believe that Woody probably liked Crawford, but the way Joe acts towards Crawford gives me a feeling that Craw wasn't all the way in.

The new coach (Sam Mitchell I hope) will have to take this collection of guys and set hard boundaries from the get go. It would be smart if he started everybody off at the same place and defined their roles immediately. Our team has been a national peep show. Everybody should know just about everything about the Hawks based on the last 3 years. If JJ leaves, new coach will have to restrategize how this team functions. I don't think you just replace Joe with Jamal and everything works the same. Plus, we need more offensive intelligence (another reason I like SM).

I think the "favorite" has to be Josh. He freelanced way too often, and there were no repercussions, such being benched. If I am his team mate, I am going to start harboring some resentment.

I said that he favored players in a post months ago. And I said it before the players quotes were revealed in the article. Anyone who watches Hawks games continually would be able to pick that up easily. JJ is one of the favorite as is Marvin. Mo Evans and Joe Smith were not utilized properly throughout the season. Thats b/c of Woody

I said that he favored players in a post months ago. And I said it before the players quotes were revealed in the article. Anyone who watches Hawks games continually would be able to pick that up easily. JJ is one of the favorite as is Marvin. Mo Evans and Joe Smith were not utilized properly throughout the season. Thats b/c of Woody

Months ago? Congrats!! Although, some of noticed this for years lol.

I'd fall all over myself as rick sund signing off on a smmove and filler for bosh deal.

Imo from the raptors point of view that would be a best case scenario. Their fans will say they want kevin durant with a straight face but they're just idiots.

We'd have to keep marvin or ask for some sf help in the deal.