• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What happens if we keep JJ

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Do you guys think that with the right coach, if we keep JJ we will be improved or still be on the same level. I think with a new coach there would be no more Iso Joe and the offense would be run the right way with teague at the point. I think that the offense should be ran inside-out so we dont have people 1 for 8 on the floor taking jumpers everytime down the court. What do all of you think.

Do you guys think that with the right coach, if we keep JJ we will be improved or still be on the same level. I think with a new coach there would be no more Iso Joe and the offense would be run the right way with teague at the point. I think that the offense should be ran inside-out so we dont have people 1 for 8 on the floor taking jumpers everytime down the court. What do all of you think.

If Johnson returns, Marvin/Smith for Bosh.

That's the only option for Atlanta if they want to be relevant. And it's the right option imo. With a new coach that's likely to be a lot better than Woody, they will remain a top eastern conference team. With an aging celtics team and the possibility of Lebron going somewhere else, the Hawks can be in the mix for home court advantage in round 2 of the playoff next season. Not to mention national TV appearances---owner likes that I bet.

All of this go in the drain if they don't try to resign JJ. SNT won't do it 'cause we'll be getting scrubs back.

• Like 1

I think we will improve under the right coach, however, we have to have a big man, center. I love Big Al, but he is not big enough. Plus I think the bench needs to be strengthened.

Everyone says this team needs to get a big man center, but tell me this. Where are they?

Getting a good big man center is a lot easier said than done. Teams get bad very quickly by blowing draft picks because they have overdrafted a big man.

Even looking at the college level, there are just not very many true big man centers out there.

• Like 1

Everyone says this team needs to get a big man center, but tell me this. Where are they?

Getting a good big man center is a lot easier said than done. Teams get bad very quickly by blowing draft picks because they have overdrafted a big man.

Even looking at the college level, there are just not very many true big man centers out there.

Exactly. You go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. Al does have mobility and skill advantages over the archetypal plodding centers, and he's an All-Star who's improving.

No, what our army needs is a competent general.

Exactly. You go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. Al does have mobility and skill advantages over the archetypal plodding centers, and he's an All-Star who's improving.

No, what our army needs is a competent general.

That and some more firepower at small forward and point guard. You can bring General McArthur's ghost to run the show but you're still not winning a gunfight with a pocket full of steak knives. Fact is that there are no viable centers around that the Hawks can actually get; like Coach Pitino would say, Dwight Howard and Al Jefferson aren't walking through that door, folks.

That's true. But the roster is out of balance at times when we play bigger teams. At the very least, this team needs an upgrade at the backup C position and at the backup PF position as well ( although that's not as critical, seeing that Horford can play the 4 ). Right now, this team has to improve itself in order to compete with Orlando. We have to acquire players that will enable us to match up with that team better.

Sund has a BAD TRACK HISTORY with drafting horrible big men, so I don't trust his decision making in that area. But as good as this team was this year, we still could use a C, a PG, and a shooter/slasher. It's going to be very interesting to see who is available to us late in the 1st round.