• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al Horford wants another big man

Jody23

Interesting quote from Al:

"We probably need another solid big [man], in order to have any kind of chance to do anything special,” said Hawks forward/center Al Horford.

I hope he' telling this to management as he's obviously watching the playoffs.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-gm-rick-sund-528857.html

He is 100% right.

The Hawks / Magic series and Celtics / Magic series are proof of that.

Too bad good centers do not grow on trees. You normally have to over pay to get 1 whether it be by trade or free agency.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

If the Hawks can't figure out the obvious, then I smh. This kid is too good to be playing out of position and the only help he has is from a undersized tweener forward (sorry Josh, it's the truth). I happen to think they could add someone the caliber of say a Kendrick Perkins or Robin Lopez (who's starting tonight for the Suns). Part of the effectiveness for these guys is not simply their own talent, but the advantage they give the power forwards that play next to them.

well the cause and effect relationship there is Smoove is outta the starting lineup if that were to happen.

OMG josh would be so good at SF if he could just hit a mid range jumper. He's gonna play PF though due to his help D. Smoove on the perimeter guarding SF slashers is the last place you want him.

Perkins and the other twin are not quality C's sorry..

Perkins would be a tremendous asset to our team. He'd actually give us a chance against Orlando. But we're obviously not going to get Perkins and I doubt we're able to find anyone near his caliber.

• Premium Member

well the cause and effect relationship there is Smoove is outta the starting lineup if that were to happen.

OMG josh would be so good at SF if he could just hit a mid range jumper. He's gonna play PF though due to his help D. Smoove on the perimeter guarding SF slashers is the last place you want him.

A necessary sacrifice might have to be made in order to take a step forward. This team cannot continue to not be able to match in the areas that matter the most come playoff time. The numbers don't lie.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

96 minutes at PF & C every game.

PF: Smoove 33 minutes / Horford 15 minutes

C: Horford 18 minutes / C upgrade 30 minutes left if the guy is good enough

The problem lies in how to obtain 1 wihout giving up Al or Josh.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

As much as I love Al and Josh, the team might have to move one to take a step forward. I'm not of the opinion that the Hawks must keep both at all cost. I know those guys are favorites among many here, but it's important to look at the big picture.

As much as I love Al and Josh, the team might have to move one to take a step forward. I'm not of the opinion that the Hawks must keep both at all cost. I know those guys are favorites among many here, but it's important to look at the big picture.

and what would you do ?