• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The coach I want for the Hawks

thecampster

I can only think of one player in the last 20 years that was a consistent winner, fiery competitor, class act and a success off the court that I would want to coach these hawks. Whomever the coach is, he needs to have been a big man, know defense and be as intimidating as they come. He needs to understand how to get every advantage. That man is Charles Oakley.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/78987-charles-oakley-teams-dont-want-to-pay-me-to-coach

I've thought about it. I've rolled the other candidates around in my head. This guy knew every trick in the book and was respected by his coaches as more than a player when on the floor. Everyone feared him and respected him. He wants to coach.

He'd be a good assistant!

Agreed.

I would have loved to have him advising our big vs. K. Thomas and D. Howard during the playoffs.

I'm not sure he has the temperment of a head coach yet. That has yet to be proven. That fact that a guy as wise as him has not even been offered an assitants position tells me he may have issues with his people skills and with working with others.

Edited by coachx