• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Should we Trade Big Al?

Johnnybravo4

That speaks volumes about the fan base in ATL . . . which is partially why I started that thread the other day.

This isn't just an atlanta fan base issue to me. The biggest reason I can't stand NBA basketball overall is the star worship. NBA fans root for the name on the back of the jersey. In college, fans root for the name on the front of the jersey. This is why I am much more of a college basketball fan than an NBA fan. The Hawks are really the only NBA team I follow. I could care less about watching other games. With the NBA playoffs going on and the Hawks out, I watch the Braves play baseball. I just can't stand the one on one style in the NBA and all the star calls the refs give. To me, a breath of fresh air in the NBA was when Detroit won back to back championships with no star players.

actually, the owners and rick sund have both said time and time again. that Smoove IS the heart & soul of this team...

But that's besides the fact, trading away either one of them will be a huge mistake...

Where was all that "heart" all those times he was walking back up the court on defense?

You would NEVER see Al do that. Smoove lacks "heart". He may have jumping ability,

but his lack of basketball IQ and decision making skills will always keep him down.

Johnnybravo4, on 18 May 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

I meant to say at the 5. And like I said in another thread. Smoove is our Derek Jeter. If you move him it better be for a superstar, if not, it doesn't matter if you win 60 games, no one will come.

That speaks volumes about the fan base in ATL . . . which is partially why I started that thread the other day.

It speaks volumes for one poster northside. Most of us want a championship caliber team and could care less who we trade to get there....

Edited by Buzzard

It speaks volumes for one poster northside. Most of us want a championship caliber team and could care less who we trade to get there....

I think most of the posters on this board don't want a championship they just want to field this team

Hinrich

Reddick

David Lee

Birdman

Brad Miller.

Then they will be in complete ecstasy.

I think most of the posters on this board don't want a championship they just want to field this team

Hinrich

Reddick

David Lee

Birdman

Brad Miller.

because we want to trade Josh Smith ? That makes no sense. Josh Smith just isn't that important.

• Moderators

Hinrich

Reddick

David Lee

Birdman

Brad Miller.

Are you going there after promoting the following players (among others) as desirable acquisitions for the Hawks over the last few years?

Allen Iverson - While on his Philly contract

Stephon Marbury - While on his NY contract

Steve Francis - While on his Hou/NY contract

Chris Webber (the 2008 version who played less than 100 more minutes in his career)

Eddy Curry

Your team of desired players would have been an interesting lot.

Metro Atlanta? Mcdonough don't count man. You don't see any Horford jerseys in the store. In fact you can't even buy Horford jerseys in a Champs or Footlocker. They only sell 2's and 5's. If you see more Horford and JJ jerseys then you must sit in CNN Center, because in the arena, its all about #5.

So..I got off work (I work at Stonecrest Mall in Lithonia) and decide to go look at some shoes in the Champs, and guess what I see hanging on the wall. Also, take a guess at what I don't see on the wall. As soon as I saw that Horford jersey I immediately thought of your post. I even saw a black and red Joe Johnson jersey, but surprisingly enough..no Josh Smith jersey.

• Moderators

So..I got off work (I work at Stonecrest Mall in Lithonia) and decide to go look at some shoes in the Champs, and guess what I see hanging on the wall. Also, take a guess at what I don't see on the wall. As soon as I saw that Horford jersey I immediately thought of your post. I even saw a black and red Joe Johnson jersey, but surprisingly enough..no Josh Smith jersey.

sold out of #5's by chance?

~lw3

• Like 1

That could be a possibility, but I'll tell you this. They were selling 6 different jerseys in the section I saw. 3 were Kobe and two others, and the other three were Horford, a red and black Joe jersey, and a dark blue Joe jersey. I didn't see any empty spots for Josh Smith...

Josh lacks basketball IQ. Plain and simple. Whether it is leaving his man wide open to try to make a Sports Center highlight, yelling at refs instead of hustling, getting technicals late in the game to cost us valuable points, or simply taking awful shots...the guy just doesn't get it. He has good numbers and I'd trade him in a heartbeat. His value is high, and I say find some sucker to take on the man-baby.

Are you going there after promoting the following players (among others) as desirable acquisitions for the Hawks over the last few years?

Allen Iverson - While on his Philly contract

Stephon Marbury - While on his NY contract

Steve Francis - While on his Hou/NY contract

Chris Webber (the 2008 version who played less than 100 more minutes in his career)

Eddy Curry

Your team of desired players would have been an interesting lot.

Lol you got me on that one. Though my team of stiffs would kill H.S. team of stiffs.

Edited by Johnnybravo4